thinking of cancelling my surgery in august - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

thinking of   cancelling my surgery  in august thinking of cancelling my surgery in august

Unread 05-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Re: thinking of cancelling my surgery in august

can i ask what has helped the most with the hot flashes ? ... or are you just taking the flaxseed ? ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2012, 01:24 PM

Just a note for those who are pre-op -- do not take flaxseed supplements or oil without letting your doctor know. It can increase bleeding/prevent clotting and may be an issue for your surgery. They usually want you to stop taking omega-3 supplements two or more weeks before surgery.

It's a good idea to let your doctor know about any and all supplements you take, even if they're natural.
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:29 PM

ty for that heads up the lotus .. i def take my list of meds n supplements with me when i go to docs n pre ops ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2012, 01:43 PM

FYI all these things I'm suggesting I talked to my dr first and she approved the flaxseed and I haven't had any bleeding, clotting whatsoever, but we're all different. She started me on a low dose HRT pill to help with the flashes but to me it hasn't helped I have flaxseed every morning, and I try to wear cool clothing as best I can. I also but a few water bottles in the freezer I take one with me when I go out so as it melts I still have cold water. I've cut down on my coffee intake as well.
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:58 PM

i started flaxseed oil n fish oil for my chholesterol months ago to keep from going on prescribed meds .. i did talk to my doc bout it .. she was fine with it .. now that was my primary doc ... when i had my procedure at beginning of this month to check out everything to see if they would even do the hyst ... i was told to stop both of those a week before my procedure ... i hear you bout the water bottles .. i have a big 64 oz insulted mug i keep full of ice and water all the time ... already ... so i can only imagine .. what it will be like when im in menopause lol
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:24 PM
thinking of cancelling my surgery in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelwil View Post
i started flaxseed oil n fish oil for my chholesterol months ago to keep from going on prescribed meds .. i did talk to my doc bout it .. she was fine with it .. now that was my primary doc ... when i had my procedure at beginning of this month to check out everything to see if they would even do the hyst ... i was told to stop both of those a week before my procedure ... i hear you bout the water bottles .. i have a big 64 oz insulted mug i keep full of ice and water all the time ... already ... so i can only imagine .. what it will be like when im in menopause lol
Yes girl I was already sweating b4 the surgery my boss teased me all the time he even brought me a fan. But it is a Lil worse now it's takes me forever to cool down after a shower so it takes me longer to get dressed ad makeup forgedabouit lol
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:34 AM

lol i hear ya bout the showers n cooling down .. i already have to sit in front of fans to cool off if i take a moore then cool shower ...really the only thing that stays cold on me is my toes ... n that may be related to my diabetes ... not sure ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register