Surgery on January 7th 2014 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on January 7th 2014 Surgery on January 7th 2014

Unread 12-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Surgery on January 7th 2014

Hello everyone I hope im posting on the right board. If not I apologize.

I was here in the beginning of the year. I had a hysterectomy scheduled for February i believe. I was so scared at the time about having the procedure done i canceled it and wish i hadn't.

Instead i had the Nova sure procedure done because i had a polyp and complex hyperplasia . Was hoping that would take care of the heavy bleeding problem. Well after the procedure i had 1 small period then no bleeding since then. The problem im having now is alot of brown discharge. There are only a few days out of each month that i have no discharge so that worried my doctor. He did another biopsy. And my lining is building up so much again. I also have pcos which prevents me from ovulating.

So my doctor told me would could either use Provera for 14 days to get me to bleed and we would need to do that 4 times a year at least and we would keep an eye on it since it could turn cancerous the way my lining keeps building up or just have the hysterectomy done that we had originally talked about.
I of course chose the hysterectomy.

I feel so much better about it this time around and i am so ready to have the surgery done! Im sure i will be nervous the day of and a couple days before but i know that i need to have this done.
Im done having kids. I will be having the DaVinci hysterectomy and from what ive read here the recovery is so much better. My birthday is January 30th so im hoping to be moving around by then. Do you think that's possible?

Thats my story lol I just wanted to put a update here.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Re: Surgery on January 7th 2014

Hi, and just wanted to say it sounds like your making the right decision..... You have exhausted all options of more minimally invasive options! I'm 29 and had TAH almost 3 weeks ago, I think with da Vinci it is DEFINATELY achievable that you will be moving around by the anniversary of your birth, lol not to say you should be doing much but DEFINATELY able to enjoy the day!! Iv been cruising around easily for over a week now...... I actually have to keep reminding myself I have to heal completely inside! I'm not recommending you be partying like it's your 18th just wanted to add my 2 cents that I could easily enjoy a nice birthday celebration right now! All the best xx
Unread 12-14-2013, 08:44 AM

I had a davinci total hyst. done a month ago. Dont expect the 2 week and all is great line. For some it is and for others-like me- i am just now starting to feel like myself. Like my Dr. said it IS major surgery with lots of internal stitches so recovery does take time. I didnt fully get that until I woke up in recovery feeling like a truck hit me. But this was my first surgery so I was naive all the way around.
You should be able to go out to dinner for your dinner maybe a movie. But dont overdo the preplanning and rest as must as you can after the surgery. Rest=healing
Happy early birthday and happy healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2013, 07:19 AM

I couldn't agree more. I'm post op week 3 and able to get around, but I tire easily. Yesterday I went to lunch and then a pedicure. I was totally exhausted when I got home and sore. Don't plan anything big. Maybe dinner with friends, but that's about it. Also bring a pillow with you in case they have hard chairs at places. You will not want to sit long on hard chairs. That's something no one told me!
Unread 12-15-2013, 02:37 PM

Hi Celena1978 -

Yes, it does sound like you are making the right decision. Your emotions will probably intensify as your surgery date approaches - this is very normal. It is one tough surgery to face and process.

You may be able to do dinner with friends. BUT, you will still be fairly tired even three or four weeks post op. Keep in mind no matter how they enter your tummy, you still have lots of internal healing to do. So, have the option to keep the dinner short and don't plan any extensive outing.

Unread 12-15-2013, 04:50 PM

Thank you for the advice ladies! I really appreciate it.

I was told by my doctor to do an enema the day before and obviously eat light a few days before the surgery. I was just wondering if any of you know if there is anything else i can do instead of the enema ( i have issues with that) like a suppository or something to get things moving and out like an enema would?

Thanks in advance...
Unread 12-15-2013, 05:10 PM

I was told to have nothing but clear liquids the entire day before and then a suppository at 6pm the night before, but every doctor has their requirements. Follow what they said because they have a reason for it.
Unread 12-16-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena1978 View Post
Thank you for the advice ladies! I really appreciate it.

I was told by my doctor to do an enema the day before and obviously eat light a few days before the surgery. I was just wondering if any of you know if there is anything else i can do instead of the enema ( i have issues with that) like a suppository or something to get things moving and out like an enema would?

Thanks in advance...
I know you don't like enemas... I don't think any of us do. BUT it is so important that you follow ALL of your doctors orders to the letter. This is for your health, and it is really important that you do one as your doctor has requested. (Note that pre-surgery instructions can really vary between doctors, so not everyone had to do an enema, bowel prep, or the like.) You will also be given other instructions - meds and vitamins to avoid, and other items. Please, please follow all of the instructions. Sometimes it can be difficult to do these things that are unpleasant, but if you focus on the big picture, your health, and just grin and get yourself through it you will be okay.

We are here for you....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register