Robotic hysterectomy surgery on may 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Robotic hysterectomy surgery on may 21 Robotic hysterectomy surgery on may 21

Unread 05-23-2014, 07:29 AM
Robotic hysterectomy surgery on may 21

I had robotic surgery ,felt better than I was expecting. The gas did move up to my shoulders and neck. That is not a happy place. Resting more today. So glad I cooked and froze meals for my family. The hardest thing for me is sitting still. I have 4 weeks off, so I will rest as much as I can. Going to start a good read. Hope everyone is doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Re: Robotic hysterectomy surgery on may 21

I hear you on the sitting still. I am sore with a bit more discomfort at an incision site under my rib cage. So far I have walked 8/10ths of a mile so far today just around the yard/inside the house. Just using tylenol now. I was doing so well that they discharged me same day instead of <23 hours. May 21st was my surgery date.
Unread 05-23-2014, 12:48 PM

I am happy you are doing so well. Just remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. Take it easy. Here is a link to your Recovery Thread. I found mine to be very useful. I was able to interact with other women who had surgery the same week as me, and it was a good way to make friends who were going through the same things as I was. Of course you are always welcome to come here and post questions about your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2014, 05:20 PM

I was doing well also, my Dr. Said I could go home that same day. I had chosen to stay overnight. I am glad I did. Slept well. Now that I am home a little more on the sore side with just the Tylenol. Glad you are doing well.
Unread 05-24-2014, 07:00 AM

Glad to hear you're doing so well! I had the robotic hysterectomy May 12. Did great and got lots of rest the first week, then felt so good I started doing more the second week. That seems to have been a mistake, since I'm now in much worse pain! Forcing myself to take it very easy yesterday and today to hopefully get my recovery back on track. Don't make my mistake -- take it easier than you feel you need to, and keep recovering well!
Unread 05-24-2014, 11:03 AM

I went to Lowe's today, picked out my herbs and tomato plants. Lots of flowers. The guerttle I picked up works perfectly for the ride to town and back. My husband planted everything for me. I did cut the lettuce. Now I am resting for a little, then I am going to make some jar salads I saw on pinterest. I feel fat like I am pregnant. My Dr. Did not put any restrictions on me except for relations with my husband and no driving for a few days. Hmmmm.
Unread 05-25-2014, 01:35 PM

Right now my only complaint is crashing fatigue. I get up for about three hours and then I don't remember laying down and sleeping for hours. I get up repeat that cycle. I did try the grocery store yesterday. We were there for 20 minutes when I felt a bit wobbl. Other than these complaints, my pain level is an one but goes to about a four if I move a certain way or try to get up without breathing out first: Proper BM yesterday and today Woohoo. Everyone is still in my thoughts and prayers during our recovery.
Hugs,
PJ
Unread 05-25-2014, 01:41 PM

I had Davinci on the 19th. A little more than I expected pain wise at first but when I cut the Percocet out at home, my recovery was much easier. I don't think I took anything for pain after Wednesday and I have been able to do most anything. The biggest annoyance is had tickle in my throat from the surgery that makes me cough periodically. When does that go away?
Unread 05-25-2014, 01:46 PM

Had my surgery on the 14th .. feeling really good .. have been walking some.. think I'm ready to do a little further than I have.. it feels really good to move around. did a little laundry yesterday .. and folded and put it away .. didnt pick up anything though I was a good girl .. am starting to get a little bored though ... My brother and his wife are with me.. and taking care of all the heavy lifting lol.. trying to not feel useless cause I can't do anything.. but thats hard.. not used to being waited on .. really lucky to have them though .. I do have one question though .. I have a place like below the belly button downward that is still numb.. not sure if that was a nerve there that was cut since I have an incision right above my belly button or what.. anyone else with that .. and does it come back??
Unread 05-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Robotic hysterectomy surgery on may 21

I was hoarse until Friday and my last cough was yesterday. I still continue to do my deep breathing exercises. QUOTE=Bxrnubz;4377042]I had Davinci on the 19th. A little more than I expected pain wise at first but when I cut the Percocet out at home, my recovery was much easier. I don't think I took anything for pain after Wednesday and I have been able to do most anything. The biggest annoyance is had tickle in my throat from the surgery that makes me cough periodically. When does that go away?[/quote]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register