Not feeling well and my surgery is on Tuesday 18th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not feeling well and my surgery is on Tuesday 18th Not feeling well and my surgery is on Tuesday 18th

Unread 03-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Not feeling well and my surgery is on Tuesday 18th

This is one thing that I never thought to ask about at my pre op appointment. I guess becuase I was feeling fine last week. Now it is 2 days before my surgery and I am feeling awful.. I head aches, body aches and I have the chills. I hope I am not getting the flu. What should I do?

Thanks
Marg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2003, 09:44 AM

Oh dear. What to do? Well, I've been told NOT to take Echinacea so close to surgery. But do whatever else works for you - acetaminophen (not aspirin or related drugs), hot tea, lots of fluids and plenty of rest. If things progress and you get either a fever or respiratory symptoms, call your doctor. In fact, this close to surgery you might want to put in a call anyway. You will be told if you are still a candidate for surgery. S/he may even want to see you to check you out.

Sorry to hear you're not well and hope you get better real quick!

Joselle
Unread 03-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Temperature?

In '91, I came down with a cold a few days before surgery. Doctor said it didn't matter as long as I did not have a temperature much above normal. I believe the problem with it has more to do with anesthesia than actual surgery.

Mary D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2003, 10:46 AM

I would put a call into your doctors office Monday am. Each doctor feels a little different. Also check in with the preop clinic. Anesthesiologists each have their own opinion too as to just what they will let go through with surgery if a bit sick. I work at a castle on the surgical floor and have known of people who get their surgery cancelled the day of surgery and it is often times cancelled by the anesthesiologist, not the surgeon. I guess my philosophy is it is always best to call and check if there is any question.

Linda >^..^<
StampinCat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register