Bowel prep today! Castle tomorrow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel prep today! Castle tomorrow! Bowel prep today! Castle tomorrow!

Unread 09-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Bowel prep today! Castle tomorrow!

Well today is the bowel prep I am a bit nervous about the prep not sure what to expect??? I have a good idea though! Castle tomorrow surgery at 12:30. Should be home in a couple of days. See you on the other side! Thank you for all of your well wishes and support. Love this site! Bye for now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Re: Bowel prep today! Castle tomorrow!

Good luck to you tomorrow! Didn't have to do a bowel prep, so I can't give any help there. Before you know it, you'll be in recovery and on the other side with the rest of us. I will keep you in my prayers. Take care!
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:37 AM

Bowel preps aren't much fun but are doable

Just remember to stay near the potty and have some soft wet wipes handy.

Best wishes.

:hugs5:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2009, 10:12 AM

Hi emr502!

I'm right there with ya' doing the bowel prep! I took the tablets at 11am and am currently snacking on an orange italian ice- yum!

I mixed up the Halflytely last night and am awaiting *the moment*! LOL So I'm on the computer, watching TV and playing on my Nintendo DS. I've packed already for my 7:15am surgery (LSH).

I'm staying home and close to the bathroom- I heard it comes fast and almost without warning.

Let me know how you're doing, OK? And good luck on your surgery tomorrow- may it be smooth and your recovery uneventful. Hugs...

Elizabeth
Unread 09-08-2009, 10:24 AM

Best wishes to you! See you on the other side.
Unread 09-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Hi Keeslady glad to have company while we are "waiting" I am drinking a gallon of stuff that is very salty! I am staying close to the potty myself. At least this keeps your mind off tomorrow!!! Where are you from?
Unread 09-08-2009, 11:52 AM

It IS nice to have a sister-in-waiting so to speak! <S> We'll root each other on.

You are so right, this stuff is salty- and I like salty foods too! But this- blech! LOL I just drank my second glass- and yeah, well it's workin' alright! I held my breath as I drank and it went down better than the first.

I'm from Wilmington, NC. Where are you?

Elizabeth
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:10 PM

I am from Fremont California. I have had 4 glasses....nothing yet! I have a good friend in Cary NC. What kind of Hyst are you having?
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM

Well I had my 1st BM about two hours after I took the tablets and started drinking the stuff right after that. Some stomach cramping but that's about it.

I'm going to drink my 4th here in a few minutes. I've been to the bathroom a lot and are having the *squirts* (sorry TMI!).

I hope everything starts moving for you very soon. Hang in there- we'll get through this together! <S>

We are about 2.5 hrs from Cary- it's a nice place. Good food and shopping!

I'm having an LSH- my doctor told me there is always the remote chance it could turn into an abdominal based upon what they find when they get in there. She said her conversion rate is about 11%- so we'll see. Whatever happens will be for my best so I try not to stress about it.

How about you? What are you having? And what time is your surgery? Sorry for the *rapid fire*!... <BG>

Elizabeth
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:29 PM

I am also having a LSH my Dr. feels fairly confident that it won't need to be abdominal but like you whatever happens I will deal with. My surgery is scheduled for 12:30 so it is going to be a long morning for me! I am 48 yrs old and ready to be on the other side. In case I have not said it I wish you the best and I will be thinking of you!

Ellen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register