5 days post hysterectomy: Did you have trouble Sitting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days post hysterectomy: Did you have trouble Sitting? 5 days post hysterectomy: Did you have trouble Sitting?

Unread 03-26-2017, 04:20 PM
5 days post hysterectomy: Did you have trouble Sitting?

I wanted to spend some time feeling "normal" so I went down stairs to sit in the family room to watch TV with my husband. That lasted an hour and it was an uncomfortable hour

I don't have a recliner, so that's out. My sofa and chairs are soft - I won't even try a kitchen chair after my experience today.

Did anyone else have trouble with sitting?? If so, how long did it last? Any helpful hints? Did anyone try one of those doughnut things and did it help? I felt like I had a super sized tampon in sideways and my abdomen was so sore afterwards I'm hesitant to try it again. I'm better off standing.

(I had lap surgery - extra work done due to endometriosis fusing things to my intestines, bladder onto uterus etc so I'm pretty tender inside. I did have some vaginal scar tissue repair done and have stitches there but nothing major)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2017, 04:35 PM
Re: Did you have trouble Sitting?

I couldn't sit on the couch until about a week ago... it was too rigid in the back and just not a place I could get comfortable. I am still most comfortable at a slight angle and sitting in bed, so when I need to rest, that's where I head. I know that with tomorrow's return to work, sitting may become even more problematic.

Good luck
Unread 03-26-2017, 04:42 PM

Just past 3 week mark here, had a lot of repairs, too. Sitting in a car, up in bed to read doesnt last long..sitting on the sofa with feet on the floor still isn't comfortable for long and even with recliner end of sofa up I shift around after a while and find myself up walking around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2017, 09:17 PM

2.5 weeks post op total hysterectomy with cystocele/rectocele repairs and bladder sling.
I have trouble sitting and standing for long periods. I would rather be on my back. Hoping it gets better soon. Also weird pressure in lower vaginal that feels like the prolapse though when I check, all seems to be where it should be.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register