9 weeks post hysterectomy...Hot flashes...kept one ovary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 weeks post hysterectomy...Hot flashes...kept one ovary 9 weeks post hysterectomy...Hot flashes...kept one ovary

Unread 10-02-2014, 03:46 PM
9 weeks post hysterectomy...Hot flashes...kept one ovary

My hysterectomy (uterus, cervix, tubes, right ovary) was 8 (I know I said 9 weeks above...but I miscounted LOL) weeks ago today. I seem to be having hot flashes even though I kept my left ovary. Everyone tells me that hot flashes start in your face. Mine aren't like that so I guess I'm not entirely sure I'm having them. But I'm definitely having something! I have them at night...I wake up feeling like an oven and covered in sweat. I'm hot everywhere. I have them occasionally during the day and ALWAYS have them when I drink my morning coffee or eat hot food. They don't last long. So...I guess that's a hot flash? Is it normal to have them even though I still have one ovary? Does that mean it's not functioning?

Just when I think things are back to somewhat normal (do the bowels EVERY function normally again????)...something else pops up.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Re: 9 weeks post op...Hot flashes...kept one ovary

Bowels - still working on them.

Sounds like your ovary is still not working or it is not producing enough estrogen. The night stuff is night sweats. I get hot flashes at night but usually in the early morning hours when the air is coldest which the doctor said is normal. My surgical meno hot flashes were horrible this summer with a/c inside - hot out. Every change in temp seemed to trigger one. Caffeine will trigger them for some, hot especially spicy food will - you need to keep track of when they happen and what you had previously to eat or did. As for night time - learn to throw the covers off when you feel them starting to try and ward it off.

You might want to have your hormones checked to see if your ovary is working or you might be into perimenopause cause it decided to not work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register