Surgery date set | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date set Surgery date set

Unread 12-22-2001, 11:14 AM
Surgery date set

Hi,
I am new to posting to this board. I will be having my hysterectomy Jan 9th and also having my gallbladder removed because of gallstones. I have been having bleeding for 30 days with the last two days heavy!! I am so depressed and my emotions are crazy right now. I think part could be it is the holidays and I don't feel or have the energy to do anything. That goodness for my great husband and mom which they have done all of the the shopping.

The reason for the hysterectomy is I do have small fibroids and an enlarged uterus. I have been feeling bloated and discomfort for a while, but my periods just started missing up about 2 months ago. I am on birth control too.

I can't even explain how I feel, I just want to cry all the time and do nothing. I finally worked my last day Friday until I am released to go back after my surgery, which I know will be atleast 6 weeks. I think that makes me feel a little better, knowing that I will have a little time before my surgery to do nothing. Which is just about all I have been doing is nothing. I was just wondering if any of you have felt the same way, with the depression and all of that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2001, 11:48 AM
Surgery date set

sjgg3815,

Sending you a big . The holidays can be very stressful. Your not feeling well compounds the situation. You can't help not feeling well. Soon, that problem will be taken care of. Between not feeling well and holiday stress it's no wonder that you may be feeling "blue."

Please know that we are here for you each step of the way. Once you have your surgery and you allow yourself at least the 6 weeks to recover--------you will feel like a different gal. I had horrid periods. I feel so much better since having fully recovered. I allowed myself 8 weeks to recover. Key word here is ALLOWED. Doctor said I could go back at 6 weeks or wait the full 8.

Your emotions are gonna run the full circle. Hang in there. We care about you here in the Land of Hyster.

Holiday Hugs,
Patty
Unread 12-22-2001, 01:49 PM
Welcome SJ!

Hello!

I know exactly how you are feeling. I am also having my surgery in Jan. Yesterday was a really "blue" day for me. Some days are worse then others. Today seems to be a bit better. I am scared to death of this surgery but will be so glad when all of this waiting is behind me. Hang in there! You are not alone. We will get through this.

Take Care of YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2001, 02:02 PM
Hello ladies Hang in there!!

You Ladies are diffently not alone. Waiting is the hardest part, as I am sure you have heard a lot on this site, but truly it is. Of course doesn't help with the "blue" feelings. Enjoy your time off from work and pamper your self a little before surgery. I am 6 months post-op and believe me when I say I : each month on the 18th, that is when I had my surgery and when I always started my period, because no pain and no bleeding and no feeling zonked out because of the pain med. this is my first Christmas I have felt this good. So take Patty's advice and others and come here for your comfort we are always here. God Bless to you both. Here are some cyber s and s to keep you company.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register