4 Weeks Post Op - How are you?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Weeks Post Op - How are you?? 4 Weeks Post Op - How are you??

Unread 08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
4 Weeks Post Op - How are you??

Hello all,
I hit 4 weeks post op yesterday and went back to school shopping. I felt pretty good. Still not moving at my normal NJ pace, but felt good. About 2/3 through the day, I started getting some burning down at the incision.
Other than that, pretty good. The bubble (for those of you that read my other posts about it) is still there and still aggravates me at times, nothing like it was, but it hasn't shrunk either. Kind of stinks to have lost 20 pounds and THEN develop a stomach roll and only on one side to boot!
Just checking in on the rest of you that had yours done around the same time as me and also thanking you. These posts have helped me get through one of the most difficult things I've endured to date. to all and a great big THANKS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2006, 09:52 AM

i Say, how Are You???????
Unread 08-26-2006, 04:58 PM

Hey Tara! I'm 1 month today. This last week has been better - I've been walking more and actually getting things accomplished. Still get worn out quickly, though - after my walk this morning I needed a nap. The doctor released me for work 4 hours a day, so I'm going back to work part-time next week (my backup has things so screwed up). Not looking forward to "real clothes" - I've been in pajamas for weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2006, 07:01 PM

Hi Ladies..I"m 4 weeks yesterday.. I too find that I get VERY tired late morning or early afternoon..regardless how much I slept the night before...i was wondering if hormones would fix this..(I've been off them since having an allergic reaction to sometihng..probalby to the pain meds).. also, I find my incision hurts more now than ever!..and yes, I have a bubble too..inflamation like a roll above the incision, and bigger on left side..yuck. when are we ALL better?!
MaddyB
Unread 08-26-2006, 07:06 PM

All is well except tired, tired, tired...................
Unread 08-26-2006, 08:19 PM

Hi all July Sisters
I will be 4 weeks on Monday. I have been doing all the right things but still have a discharge, my cuff gets really sore at time and a few other niggly pains. I know everyone heals at different rates so I am not too worried. I developed a gastro/vomiting bug last weekend and ended up at the hospital and they gave me 2 injections and sent me home. It really knocked me and made me so weak again. I am hoping this week will see only good things and more energy. I am due to go back to work in 2 weeks so I am really hoping to be minus the discharge and most of the pain.
to you all
Luci
Unread 08-27-2006, 08:26 PM

Hi all...I had my 4-wk check up w/ my dear doctor on Thursday. He said everything looks good. I asked him what I was cleared to do, and he said that at this point there isn't anything I could do to hurt anything. Yay!

I am still very fatigued. Perhaps it is because I have not worked up to my normal activity. I slept 12 hours last night! My friend said, "It must be nice." and I had to remind her that I am recovering from major-freakin'-surgery, so I am entitled to a 12 hour sleep!

I'm worried about returning to work in 2 weeks. I pray that I'll be able to make it through, because I was told that I'd better be ready to hit the ground running when I return. Thanks to my co-worker for calling me and getting me all worried. grrrrrr.

I would say that the major thing I am running into are people who think I should be completely well after a month. They have no idea, do they???

s to all!
Unread 08-27-2006, 08:45 PM

Hi Kermit
My boss said to me on my last day when I said I would be back before the end of the school term (I work in a primary school in australia office work & all the running around classes and teachers) and my female boss said oh you will be fine and well rested after your break. I wanted to cry then and I didn't know what I was about to go through. She called in to see me in my second week and said what did they do to you, she thought I looked too thin. She has now told me that she has the woman doing my job at the moment prepared if I am not ready to return at 6 weeks. I am really pleased with that but still have a hint of guilt that I should go back no matter what. I don't see my doctor until 5th Sept but I will discuss it all with her then. I also agree about people looking at the outside and forgetting all the work that went on inside. I have been sleeping for 12hrs a night too lately our bodies must need it so enjoy it. Take care
Luci
Unread 08-28-2006, 12:39 AM

i feel so totally normal, i'm actually worried that i feel too normal! i kinda worry that i'm pushing myself too much,for the past week or so i've been doing pretty much anything, as long as it doesn't involve any lifting, pushing or pulling. my doctor told me that i could go jogging after 2 weeks, just stop when it hurts. my favourite beach is at the bottom of a 406-step set of stairs down a cliff, and i've been 2x so far in the past week! it takes me a little longer than usual to walk back up, but that's about it. i wore my favourite tight jeans last week, big mistake! my belly is still a bit too swollen for that. and yeah, i still sleep a lot, 11 or 12 hours a night. but that's normal for me on weekends too... in 2 weeks i'll be flying to south korea to work, i'll have a week to get over jet lag, set up my apartment and then it'll be into the job! before my surgery i lost about 22 lbs, and of course i did some major shopping! now i hope my belly doesn't stay swollen for too long... i need to be able to get into all those new clothes!
here's hoping the bubble doesn't burst...
laura :-)
Unread 08-28-2006, 05:22 AM

Thanks sisters!!
I needed to know if you all were going through about the same things. The one major difference I see is that I'm still the insomniac!!
I won't even try to get into the jeans. I held a pair up to my stomach and had pain just from them pressing against me. I think it's largely due to the roll!!
I'm not happy for you, Maddy B, but glad to see that someone else developed this roll. At least I feel more normal now knowing someone else has it.
Yesterday I went to the store with my DH and walked it instead of the motorized cart. The walking was fine, BUT, tried to help him by getting a 2 pack of dishwasher detergent and bringing it to the cart. About 2/3 of the way there, I laid it on a shelf. Too heavy to carry for a distance, started getting the tightening and pulling.
Going to the Dr today for a checkup. I don't expect to be released, mainly due to the complications of this bubble/roll, which is ok with me. Just starting to do some normal things. My DD wanted me to go with her to her pitching lesson yesterday (awesome softball player, that one, watch for her name - yes, proud parent here!!), and I had to tell her I couldn't catch for her. Don't think I can squat like that and twist to catch her 60-75 mph pitches yet! The whole family has been great. Except for the DH changing his tune from "how hard it is to do all I do" to "it isn't so hard". Oh well!! Some things just won't change I guess. All in all, he's been a doll.
I have a question, what's this vaginal cuff everyone is talking about?? I don't know if I have one. Why do they put them in women?? Sorry if I sound dumb, just never heard of it before hystersisters!! Can someone enlighten me??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register