Weird bulge/sagging feeling 3weeks postop | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird bulge/sagging feeling 3weeks postop Weird bulge/sagging feeling 3weeks postop

Unread 03-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Weird bulge/sagging feeling 3weeks postop

I'm almost 3 weeks post op from my vaginal hysto, P&A repair.
Today I am noticing a type of bulge just at the opening of my vagina. Feels like something is there and is annoying. I'm worried stupid its a vault prolapse. I feel like things are worse than before my surgery.
I looked with the mirror and there is definitely something there. A fleshy looking mass..TMI sorry.
Do you think it is just swelling??? Has anyone else have this or had this after their hysto.
I haven't strained doing a BM or anything. I feel fine, no fevers. Feeling pretty ok all round.
I do have 2 small children and have been getting up alot more today.
I'm scared silly and spent half the night crying down the phone to my mum and hubby. The Dr won't be back in the surgery till tomorrow. I will ring but maybe someone here might have some insight.
I'm just feeling horrible about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Re: Weird bulge/sagging feeling 3weeks postop

Sorry that you are going through something like this, I can only imagine how frightening this may be. I would definitely put in a call to the doctor or nurse. Praying that all is well your way.
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:44 PM

Thought I'd report in on my post.
Called Dr's today and spoke to the gyny nurse. She said that the bulge/feeling like something is there feeling is swelling. THANK GOODNESS!!
She went on to ask me how much I've been doing and quiet bluntly told me I'm doing way to much and to get my arse back on the lounge.
Less sitting.
No unnessecary driving.
No picking up stuff off the ground (I do this alot with the kids).
Less standing and way more time on the lounge.
So I'm planted and feeling pretty darn bored again.
I'd rather be bored on the lounge though than face a prolapsed vault from over doing it.

Take care ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Glad to hear that it wasn't something major! I think it is easy to over do it, especially when you are feeling so well: I have the same problem. I'm tired of laying around and annoyed that I can't do the things I did prior to the surgery, and I have to keep reminding myself that I have stitches inside and am not healed all the way...ugh. I hope you feel better soon and continue to have an uneventful recovery. Sending hugs your way.
Unread 03-13-2011, 09:21 PM

So glad to hear all is ok!
Unread 03-13-2011, 09:30 PM

Glad to hear you are ok. Be sure you take it easy and let others help you so you can heal. You only have one time to take care of yourself and heal and that is now.
Unread 03-13-2011, 11:10 PM

Thanks for caring ladies. I really appreciate it.
Thank goodness for laptops and wireless internet...laugh
Unread 03-13-2011, 11:52 PM

Hey natty1
I am 4 weeks lavh and have seen the same thing, glad to hear it's just swelling. I also bend down quite a lot too. Couch time again for me.
Happy healing
Unread 03-14-2011, 12:05 AM

wow, you really are doing too much, i had some of your repairs and a bit more, i was to do NOTHING for 6 weeks, i bought one of those gopher stick from walgreens to pick things up off the floor with, not allowed to pick up anything heavier than 5 pounds, up until 3 months i was then kept on further restrictions including no sex....i am soo glad i listened to the doctor
Unread 03-14-2011, 01:15 AM

Hey, get one of those grabber things to pick stuff up off the floor, it makes a huge difference! But also rest, rest and rest some more, your body needs the time to recover and even if everything looks healed on the surface, there's more stuff inside that needs to heal. Take care, and best wishes for your recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register