TAH/BSO 3 weeks - Having milky pink discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/BSO 3 weeks - Having milky pink discharge TAH/BSO 3 weeks - Having milky pink discharge

Unread 06-20-2013, 09:39 AM
TAH/BSO 3 weeks - Having milky pink discharge

Discharge - Not a topic that seems to get a lot of brutally honest discussion. But I'm known for being very, very honest and now I need some help.

I have always had a fair amount of discharge. A little on a daily basis and sometimes, usually before a BM or near my period, I would get a surge. Kind of like that warm feeling you get when your period starts. Nno pain, just wetness. Mine always looked and smelled the same - milky with just a tinge of yellow and never a bad odor. I've asked my doctors about over the past 30 years and none ever seemed to throw up a flag. Okay, cool. So, I had this TAH/BSO 3 weeks ago today and this morning, I had a another surge of discharge but this one quite obviously had blood in it. Muted pink in color. It was similar in quantity and consistency as one of my heavier discharge episodes from the past but the blood....it terrifies me! My discharge has been much lighter since the procedure and I have had zero bleeding. I have nothing left but a vagina so I'm curious about how worried I should be. Just put a call into my Dr.'s office and the nurse should be calling me shortly.

I wanted to start this topic so that others with this same situation might find comfort. I will post what they tell me. Think good thoughts...I'm a little freaked out over here. Thanks systers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Re: TAH/BSO 3 weeks - Having milky pink discharge

Having a pink or brownish discharge around 3 weeks is perfectly normal. This is around the time when stitches will start to dissolve and a small amount of blood can be released. It is really only a cause for concern if the blood is bright red, fills a pad in an hour, has clots (though one or two small clots can also be normal), the discharge smells foul,there is fever or sudden and significant pain. If you just have a bit of pinkish or tan discharge, it sounds like your are healing right on schedule. Best wishes!
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:07 AM

That's very comforting, thank you so much. I'm still waiting for my call back and I am anxious to hear exactly the same thing from them. I appreciate you reading and commenting. <3. My best to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:58 AM

Okay, got my call from the doctor. She said that she wasn't terribly concerned. Could be a stitch came out, we are still healing after all. She reminded me to take it easy. Time to make an appointment would be if it is profuse, smells bad, or doesn't stop. The discharge should be much less now without all my lady parts but the vagina still can make its own so she wasn't totally shocked. She asked about my BM's, nutrition, and how my pain levels are. All are good so she said to just be vigilant, relax a little more, and don't strain to do anything. Anything! I'm feeling a little better but I'm an anxious little syster so half a Xanax was in order this morning. It will get better. I know it. And I know it will for everyone else too. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register