Pain spreading ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain spreading ? Pain spreading ?

Unread 09-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Pain spreading ?

I am 5 weeks out of a Lavh. The past two days I have had deep sharp pain in my left side where my ovary is. I have both.
I took a Tylenol 3 lastnight which helped for a bit. Didn't sleep well and today the pain is the same but also radiating into my thigh.
I definitely haven't over done it. I still can't walk more than a few blocks without bein tired and I spend most of my time sitting or laying around if I'm not out for my daily "block walk".
My surgeon is 3 hours away and I have my 6 week follow up next week. I'm concerned with this new and different pain I am feeling and wondering what to do. It's different from the other aches and pains during the past 5 weeks.
Any thoughts what might be going on?
Oh yeah and I STINK, can't sleep, and starting to feel depressed.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Re: Pain spreading ?

I've been told repeatedly that anything new and unexpected warrants a call to the office at least, and so does anything that smells foul for sure.
Unread 09-03-2013, 01:55 PM

Know that you can call your doc before your appt and talk about these things. I think you definitely need to do so. call them today. I pray you get better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2013, 02:01 PM

We're you prone to ovarian cysts prior to your hyster? I had my first one a few months before my surgery and those suckers hurt!

Also nerve pain tends to be sharp. Maybe something is waking up.

For me if pain is over a 3 or 4 on the pain scale then I call.
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:58 AM

Thanks ladies. I think I will call today. I've never had ovarian cysts before but they appear to be common after hysterectomy so maybe this is what has changed.
I will update once I get some answers.....if I get any.
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:55 PM

Ok I will be going for an ultrasound on Monday. Hopefully everything checks out. Still doesn't feel right but still no fever so I'm guessing nothing urgent urgent. Thanks for the encouragement. It was good to call and will put my mind at ease a little just knowing I will be having my new bad pain checked out.
Unread 09-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Pain spreading ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Pot View Post
Ok I will be going for an ultrasound on Monday. Hopefully everything checks out. Still doesn't feel right but still no fever so I'm guessing nothing urgent urgent. Thanks for the encouragement. It was good to call and will put my mind at ease a little just knowing I will be having my new bad pain checked out.
Sorry you are having to now go through this. I had a similar pain last week, went in to my doctor, she told me its a ovarian cyst. New to me, never had one pre surgery. She told me to take Motrin and see what happens, she said they tend to resolve on their own. I will see her next week at my 6 week check up.

Please let us know what the outcome of your visit is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register