Scheduled dVH/RALH Question for those who miss the uterine contractions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for those who miss the uterine contractions Question for those who miss the uterine contractions

Unread 02-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Question for those who miss the uterine contractions

Most of us pre-op gals seem to be very concerned with how the hyster will affect us sexually. I've been doing a lot of research about uterine contractions during orgasm and the research and statistics are conflicting.

One thing I read said that uterine contractions are normally enjoyed by women who orgasm via penetration. So, I'm wondering if those of use who only orgasm via clitoral stimulation will notice the absence of the uterus or not. If you miss the uterine contractions, was it only when you orgasmed via penetration, or has it negatively impacted your outercourse orgasms as well?

The statistics indicate that most women seem to say orgasm after hysterectomy is different yet pleasurable. I, like many other ladies here, are so hoping that's true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Re: Question for those who miss the uterine contractions

I was certain that my orgasms involved uterine contractions because they were so strong and deep no matter how I got them-outercourse or intercourse. Now, post dVh/BSO I find that was not the case. My orgasms now are wickedly intense, easier to get and come in multiples now. It's amazing!!! I'm a bit "frightened" to think where they will be once I'm fully recovered (I'm 4.5 months out). I did not let this surgery affect my thoughts about sex. I KNEW I would be great on the other side. Sex is very much in the mind as well as the body. You will be good. I'm sure : )
Unread 02-20-2012, 12:05 PM

Thanks Sharona,

My mom keeps telling me I'm over thinking things. Between my mom and I we know lots of women personally that have had hysterectomies and none of them regret it and they all say everything was better afterwards. When my doctor first recommended hysterectomy, I was like "woohoo, no more periods from heck!" I went online to find out what type of recovery to expect and was shocked to read all of the negative sexual side effects. I had never even heard about uterine contractions during orgasm before and had never heard of a woman complaining of weaker orgasms post hyster until I went online. All the conflicting info is just so confusing. I'm only 35.

The last orgasm I had I think I did notice uterine contractions just before the resolution. But it felt a bit crampy, I'm guessing due to my enlarged uterus.

My doctor's nurse is my age and had a hyster years ago and she thinks sex will be more enjoyable and comfortable once my enlarged uterus is out of the way.

I felt panicked about all this when I first found out about the sexual side effects, but thanks to women like yourself I am starting to feel more at peace with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM

I am anticipating a better sex life because my issues prevent us from having sex most of the time anyway. I have been curious about this issue of uterine contractions, but I have decided that the benefits outweigh the risks.

I look forward to not being a mess down there so I can actually have sex without feeling gross. And I am terrified of becoming pregnant (unlikely but causes anxiety for me) so I think that will help as well.

Like Sharona said, the brain is a major sex organ. I am hoping that being relaxed about my issues being taken care of will make up for any changes in my orgasms.

Good luck.
Unread 02-20-2012, 04:17 PM

The giant uterus is a huge buzz kill sexually speaking. I never realized how much it affected me until it was gone. Having my cervix removed was a huge plus too. It always got bumped during sex and was very uncomfortable. Now I no longer have the messy blood issues or pain or crazy hormonal mood swings and sex is ridiculous now. I'm free in so many ways. I feel like a helium balloon just floating above it all. I would do this again in a heartbeat and twice in Sunday's : ). I wish I could bottle how great I am now and just give it out. There would be peace on earth.
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:52 PM

No matter how I achieved an orgasm (inter or outercourse) I would always feel my uterus contracting. It was very intense and would last a long time. I was worried about losing this and spoke to both my GYN (a man) and my family doc (female) about this. They both assured me that since I would still have a clitoris that I would feel basically no difference. I am sorry to say they were Wrong. My post op orgasms are more superficial and less satisfying. It makes me sad and I really miss orgasms the way they used to be. Sometimes they're good but different. And sometimes it's like a little flutter down there and thats it. Im 7 months post op and we're trying to get back to normal in the bedroom. My intention is not to worry anyone, but to show that we are all different and there are no guarantees about what kind of outcome we will have post op. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.
Unread 02-21-2012, 02:09 AM

I'm 6 weeks post-op (lavh).

I haven't had intercourse yet, but I've tried masturbation and oral sex. The orgasms are amazing!

I had the "contractions", but they weren't uterine, surely, because I have the same sensation now, even though I don't have an uterus anymore. It is like everything twists inside, all muscles, everything. Wonderful. So, the "contractions" I felt before weren't uterine.

I have no problem with dryness, either (post-op).

If anything, I think my orgasms are better. They were already great, but now, I think they are even better. Difficult to explain.

For the record, I only climax with clitoris stimulation (penetration alone is very good, but can't give me an orgasm).
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM

Outercourse exactly the same as before.

Intercourse different, not as intense, but way better ... no pain, no stress like before ... and due to that libido is thru the roof... still a year later!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register