LAVH 5th week post hysterectomy fatigue/ exhaustion - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5th week post hysterectomy fatigue/ exhaustion 5th week post hysterectomy fatigue/ exhaustion

Unread 06-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Re: 5th week post hysterectomy fatigue/ exhaustion

I felt totally exhausted until exactly 8.5 weeks... Then I got my zip back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2017, 07:27 PM
5th week post hysterectomy fatigue/ exhaustion

Are you having crazy night sweats or any other unusual things going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judit View Post
Hi ladies,

I am so thankful for this form. I don't know where I would be without it right now. I had a great surgeon, but I will not even get started on my follow up.

At any rate, I woke up yesterday morning with having a terrible nightmare and a racing heart at 4:30 AM. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I laid there. Just for a couple of hours and then my husband was not.

When I sat up, and began to eat something my heart was racing. I'm already on a beta blocker, and just figured that it must've been something that I ate. After this episode I was exhausted. I had to lay down.

I was in bed early for the entire day yesterday with the exception of eating. Then my husband came home for dinner and I sat up and we watch TV on the sofa last night. Of course I was not tired when it was bedtime, but I laid down and tried to rest.

This morning, the nearest similar thing happened. I have no idea if I'm having an allergy to avocado, or the few sips of cinnamon tea with caffeine have booted my heart up, but I'm just so exhausted. I have a racing heart, then decided to lay back down.

Apparently, I missed a call on my cell phone because the ringer was off and I was fine with that.

Since last Thursday everything was going well. I had several good days until Monday morning. I have no idea of what happened. My husband thinks that I did too much.

After all, I went into the surgery needing the surgery. I had one week, but could've gone in on an emergency basis.

The doctor ran my iron and thyroid panel last week and everything was fine. Even my B12 was fine.

I read articles on fatigue and I know there is a link to the site that explains it really well, but I'm still in disbelief that I'm suffering it right now. I mean, I was nervous a couple of weeks ago, feel tired, and all of the strange cramping and aches and pains that everyone else has had, but this fatigue seems so different from the other post op weeks.

I was so tired I literally cried when I returned three of my calls this morning. My father and now two of my friends think that I'm losing my mind. They all think I should go back to the hospital. The bottom line is I'm incredibly exhausted and I don't know what this doctor is going to do for me.

The only thing that I am worried about are the palpitations in the morning, but I am chalking it up to the fact that I have not been active at all. Also, I have read about post and Anestetic palpitations.

I can deal with this fatigue if I know that it is not forever. Every article read something little different. I have read somethings were women suffer this six months out. I'm just thinking that perhaps I did not rest enough and it has caught up to me. Maybe even sitting and talking on the phone during the second and third week and having visitors with too much? After all, some of these visitors stage III and four hours and I was feeling fine at the time but then I would be exhausted afterwards.

I'm taking quality vitamins, a B vitamin, D3 5000 units, multivitamin, and last night I have my husband pick up an iron supllemnt that I researched online.

I never expected that I would be this exhausted, unable to drive, and unable to even get my hair colored.

I don't want to become depressed on top of it but honestly, I would be happy right now?

If anyone has experienced anything similar to this, I would appreciate a response.

Thank you in advance,

Judith
Unread 06-19-2017, 09:03 AM
Re: 5th week post hysterectomy fatigue/ exhaustion

Hi, The fatigue lasted about 6-7 months maybe a little longer. But went away just like that! The palpitations sound like a hot flash. I'm not sure if you have your ovaries or not, but that's what happens to me, then of course the heat! Just rest when you can and do one thing a day toake yourself feel like you accomplished something! Because if not depression will happen, eat well and get rid of the caffeine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register