7 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post-op 7 weeks post-op

Unread 09-11-2005, 02:17 PM
7 weeks post-op

Hey Ladies! It's been awhile since I've posted. Since I've been released from the dr and my energy is slowly returning,I have been very busy.

Has anyone suffered from severe depression around this time. It has been very bad for me this week. I don't know if it's my HRT. Or that I will be 30 in two and half years. I feel crazy sometimes. I have an appointment Monday w/ my dr.

My sex drive has not returned either. Which is causing tension in my marriage.

I need a vacation from reality!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2005, 03:59 PM
7 weeks post-op

Hi mycillaangel03....I`m 8 wks plus and have the same dilema......Last 2 weeks were extreme for me. I figured it out on my own that the new progesterone must have been too strong for me. It felt tlike was on a roller coaster, Physically AND mentally. I also decided last night to take them and the other thing I`ve been on for 7 wks ( Evista for bone protection)at night so my system wouldn't be flooded w/ that stuff while I was trying to sleep. Have you been having trouble sleeping too? Been the pits for me. Didn`t sleep for 3 nights worth a darn. Anyways, Yesterday I went out for a bike ride/walk really for the first time. (Have a treadmill) This way when I got tired from walking, I could ride, or when I walked I had something to lean on. I forced myself to go out yesterday. I did not want to go, but it was a start and today I went out for longer and farther. I now have the country and nature in my head taking some of the worry space. Yep, It`s tough, there's NO doubt about it. I think it all has to do with adjusting and trying to cope with and figure out this new self.......Wh' dya think? (your DH needs to get with the program and give you some time...It`ll come back..) Hugs.Dianne
Unread 09-11-2005, 05:13 PM
7 weeks post-op

WebbyElla,
I'm on Estrace;just to let you know.

I have had trouble sleeping too. I have been on Ambien therapy for about four months. I had trouble sleeping before the surgery too.

I think between the big "H" and everything going on in my life, my mind & body are on over load. My DH is in the Army and we had to move to Michigan from our hometown in Tennessee April 2004.

There's alot going on in our lives.

If you would like to keep in touch you can get my email address from my member profile. It's nice having someone to talk to that can relate.

I noticed that you are from Canada. I am a huge Celine Dion fan.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2005, 05:36 PM
7 weeks post-op

mycillaangel03.....I hear ya on the mind and body overload thing....That`s right where I`m at. We`ve been through a lot remember, just w/ surgery itself, let alone "Life" Remember that, life? It`s all gonna come back....no doubt. I`m way better by cutting my progesterone pill in half (new script)and taking it w/ Evista in the morning. I`m calmer..cool, huh? Anything is better than yesterday. Going out sure helped too. Do you get out much? I know you get exercise w/ your little girl. (hehe) My son is.....get this...22 ! eeek, I know that must make me old. Anyways he is my little guy and he still wears me out. He lives an hour away and I worry about him. I have really big stresses in my life that I will share if we get a chance. For now, just remember to take care of you. Do something nice for yourself. (I have a hard time w/ this one) It`s going to get better and better, until it`s all just a far-away story. really. Hugs. Dianne
p.s. I had difficulty sleeping way before, too

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register