More Questions (Children mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More Questions (Children mentioned) More Questions (Children mentioned)

Unread 12-10-2007, 12:14 PM
More Questions (Children mentioned)

As I am rocking my 8 1/2 month old baby to sleep for her nap, I am wondering...I am having a TAH on Jan 2nd. How soon can I rock her/hold her? My doc said I would probably be able to hold/lift her if I am ONLY sitting down a couple weeks after then said "Let's just keep that open and see how you are doing" I am having a TAH with sacrocolpopexy, A & P repairs and fixing my Vagaga opening (Apparently, I am gaping LOL) I think this is alot to do at once, but would rather just do it all at once as I think I would not go back LOL. Then again, I am going because I just can't take it anymore. I want it done and over with.

She is a big girl (About 23 pounds). I am assuming I would need a pillow for awhile to protect my stomach. I love that time with her and my mom is coming to help. My DH is great with her but she wants her momma and I am scared she will see me then cry KWIM? My mom will be great with her as well, but she won't be able to lift her too much. Thank god my son will be around at least to help with that. I am blabbering and I hope everyone understands what I am trying to say.

I am so nervous and trying to lighten up and laugh at myself. I told DH I was going to get a facelift for my privates and I told my surgeon, he could feel free to push any fat out while he was in there. He said no, but I told him to think about it. I am thinking of putting a sticky note under my gown that says "I know you said you can't but if anyone needs practice, feel free to sqeeze out some fluff" LOL. I don't knOw if he would find that funny or not though. I am assuming they wouldn't see it until I was knocked out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM

I think it probably will be hard for your daughter to understand, but if you can refrain from picking her up especially until given the go ahead I think you will heal better and quicker. That's what I keep reading, anyway! Let the rest of your family love on her all they want--it's good you'll have help!

As for the sticky note, I was thinking of writing something in marker on myself as a joke. You know, along the line of the people I have heard about who write "not this one" on the leg that's NOT going to be operated on. LOL!
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:19 PM

You could always take a sharpee and outline the areas for the dr to fix... I'm sure you'd be ok with a pillow in your lap and have someone place her there....or have a pallet fixed on the floor and lay next to her and cuddle so you have closeness without the strain of lifting.

Speckla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 01:22 PM

I had a c-section and had to use a pillow on my incision when she was born.
The picking up part would be the hardest. If you have anyone who is able to help you during this time I would take them up on it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register