How long the muffin top? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long the muffin top? How long the muffin top?

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:46 AM
How long the muffin top?

Hi,
One simple question - how long can I expect to have a muffin top belly? It's now nearly 4 months and nothing seems to be happening with it. Am I impatient, or should I resign myself to it never getting back into allignment with the rest of my belly?
I'd love to hear other experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Re: How long the muffin top?

I sometimes wonder the same. I look at middle section and do not know how much is swelling and how much is good old f-a-t. I know there is some swelling as it is always better in the mornings.

I am trying to be extra careful about my diet and work out as much as I can, to make sure I minimise the flubber factor.

Is your belly better in the mornings?
Unread 06-02-2009, 11:20 AM

I am the same, just had my surgery on Friday, it is now Tuesday. I have been searching for info on how long to expect the puffiness from the surgery, hopefully others can share their experience with us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:44 AM

i dont think i ever swelled, but i was pretty bloated from being constipated. as soon as i got that under control, i looked better than before surgery! you can actually see my waist and finally my small chest sticks out farther than my tummy! lol!

i found a tea called "get regular" that works over night! and tasted great!
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM

Thanks dani36
I think I may be one of the unusual few that constipation is the least problem! But having a slimmer profile to look forward to is most enticing!!!
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:11 PM

Hi again,
Thanks for the quick replies.

I feel as though I've been through the swelly belly stage. It even seems to be ok in the mornings now. I've had problems with the BM's too (not funny) but even that seems to be sorting itself out.
I'm thinking more about that little roll of skin that hangs over the incision. I think it's probably because of the nerves being cut. I just wonder if it tightens up as time goes on, or if there will always be a little overhang.

A friend of mine saw it for the first time yesterday - we went swimming together - and she asked what had happened (she knew about the op). When I told her it's called a muffin top she laughed and said that it was a good description it. Do I have to have this forever? Can excercise help? I'm running again but that hasn't seemed to help either.
Unread 06-02-2009, 01:55 PM

For me muffin top and the lip over incision are two different things, but this might be because I have LSH. Muffin top are those not-so-attractive love handles that are covering my waist and most of this (if not all) is flubber. There is some swelling on my belly at times.

I have heard that lip over incision is virtually impossible to get rid off. But I could be wrong. There is always lipo if all else fails.
Unread 06-02-2009, 01:58 PM

i had that after a csection 11 years ago. it wasnt swelling, it was from the way i was stitched. i knew the day i saw it that it wasnt going to go away. i ended up having a scar revision/mini tt. my dr asked me to give it a year to go away and once the year was up, i went to a plastic surgeon.
Unread 06-02-2009, 04:21 PM

I didn't have a "muffin top" prior to my TAH twelve days ago. It does look as though it was caused by the way my skin was pulled over the incision when they put in the staples. I'm not happy with it and hope it goes away eventually. Sigh...my poor belly.
Unread 06-02-2009, 04:57 PM

I know exactly what you mean! i'm 6 weeks post op and definitely have the muffin top (lower abdomen above my incision). I'm wondering if it's fat, flabby skin? I have always been a skinny person but definitely got the loose skin after my 3 kids...I'm thinking this muffin top is not going to go away. But I don't know if I could go thru the tummy tuck thing..I'm 48 and recovery from this BSO hysterectomy is a lot harder than I thought it would be...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register