Pain urinating | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain urinating Pain urinating

Unread 12-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Pain urinating

Hi all, I read a lot of sisters have BM pressure and pain and so do I. But I am wondering if it's normal to have pain even when peeing. I just have this pressure and pain sitting on the toilet urinating. It's not a UTI because the pressure comes from the pelvic area, and I have no problem urinating. I found it more comfortable urinating standing with my legs spread on both sides of the toilet. That I don't feel the pressure and so no pain. Is this normal or something is wrong? Thanks for reading.

Mic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Re: Pain urinating

I have the same pressure and pain. They removed everything 12-4-12. Doc says it'll take time. I go for my post-op 1-4-13. I'll ask then.
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM

DoggieLama,

Please do update after your doctor's appointment. Hope you feel better then.
Happy new year!

Mic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM

Sounds like bladder spasms. I've read a lot of Sisters have had it(myself too at this very moment). I only had a catheter overnight and begged my nurse at 4am to take it out. I was having spasms just before she pulled it.It should get better over the coming weeks. Mine aren't as intense as they were initially. Of course if it gets worse you should call the doc to be sure.
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:50 PM

I had the same thing happen to me. I had my doctor check for a UTI three times during my my first six weeks of recovery, but it was just my bladder trying to recovery from the procedure. It should continue to get better as you recover.
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:15 PM

Thank you boricua41 and LovetheOcean, I am relieved to find out I am not the only one and apparently it will get better. Give me hope! Have a happy new year!

Mic
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM

I had my op Dec 18 and am also experiencing abdominal pain when voiding bladder and bowels. It passes quickly but oh so uncomfortable while on the loo! I remember the bladder pain was similar when I was recovering from C-sections and the nurses advised drinking cranberry juice to help heal the bladder. It went away eventually. I was told then that it was due to everything in the lower abdomen being disturbed. Hope yours improves soon!
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:39 PM

Hi. I have the same problem. When I urinate, towards the end I get such bad pain and bladder spasms. Doctor said it will heal in time. It is from everything being moved around. He gave me a pill that helps with the bladder spasms and pain. I got it last night and took it two times. So far it has helped me a lot. The name of the pill is Pyridium. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:47 PM

I had the same problem and am fine now. It just takes time -drinking cranberry juice helped a bit. My doctor told me the same -your body just doesn't like being "messed with" and it takes time for the bladder and bowels to settle down. Happy healing!
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:09 PM

Thank you Janliz, Ava Ann and Fitnessfan! I will definitely get some cranberry juice right away! And thanks for the name of the pill, I will ask my doctor if the pain becomes unbearable!

Happy new year to you all!

Mic

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register