Surgery upcoming and scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery upcoming and scared Surgery upcoming and scared

Unread 12-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Surgery upcoming and scared

Hi..lol I have joined this scared to death cant eat cant sleep group as well. My LAVH is on the 15th.Ive literally been so upset that Ive vomited several times...found out on Friday I now have a peptic ulcer...ughh.I am a single mom with 4 girls aged 17..12..and 2 yr old twins. Ive never been away from the twins more than 2 nights ..and now they will be going away for about 2 wks.I think this is a big part of my anxiety...that and the fact that my 12 yr old and 17 yr old..(although great helpers) I feel still need me and ...well Im just feeling like a guilty mom.I am on a disability and in hospitals allot..as my imune system is not good and I end up with allot of serious infections..As a result of soo many IV'S my veins are in bad shape...they collapse allot..have blockages ect.So that is one of my big fears.Although my pre-op visit with the nurse yesterday went well and she calmed me allot(at the time) Im still scared to death about this whole thing and cant wait for it to be over. All the very best to you..and all the other sisters..I will keep you all in my prayers ((((HUGS)))) PS..Sorry to have rambled so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2006, 02:07 AM

It's 1am in the morning where I live, my surgery is in 28 hours, I don't think I've been this scared of anything in my life. I have four children and you don't have a choice they are coming out, with this you plan and think and wonder if this is the right choice. All the fears are so real. My aunt works at a hospital and assures me that going under is very safe but it still scares me. If anyone has any reassuring words or prayer I would appreciate it.
thanks. I can't quit crying, why is this?
Unread 12-12-2006, 05:01 AM

I knowwhat you are feeling. I was terrified the weeks prior. And the day of, I shook like I was freezing. The docotors and all came in preop and talked to me. The nurses were very caring. Before I could say I am scared they had me under and out of surgery. I woke to see my husband and docotr. They both told me the good news how well surgery went and it was benign not malignant. Then nurse Marty took me the next am for a walk and a shower and I have been putting along now 1 week and 1 day. Staples out at 10 am this morn. I am doing a little now straighten what is at my waist high and up. Husband been wonderful, cooking, cleaning, caring for me and his job too. Thank you so much for this web site. He said when he read on here the stories and all it helped him understand better what I will and am going through. I love you hyster sisters.
Unread 12-12-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaerae
It's 1am in the morning where I live, my surgery is in 28 hours, I don't think I've been this scared of anything in my life. I have four children and you don't have a choice they are coming out, with this you plan and think and wonder if this is the right choice. All the fears are so real. My aunt works at a hospital and assures me that going under is very safe but it still scares me. If anyone has any reassuring words or prayer I would appreciate it.
thanks. I can't quit crying, why is this?
You're having a perfectly normal fear response, Shaerae. It's okay. I know it's easy for me to smugly say, "Try not to worry" but I know you can't help it. Here's my own mantra:

Embarking on this new life
Small will be any strife
Though the time seems so long
Through it all I will be strong.

Lena
Unread 12-12-2006, 07:39 PM

You guys are the best, I love this site. Talking like this with others experiencing the same things I am,or already had the hyster is wonderful and helps me to feel more at ease and not feel so nerveous.
Unread 12-16-2006, 06:36 AM
I understand your fears

My dear my heart and prayers goes out to you. I was scheduled for todayn 16 dec, but have been sent home only to return tomorrow, and have the surgery on the 18th.

Please trust that this is for the best, I too am not 100% certain but I know if I put my faith in the Lord that He will see me through.

Your fears are justified but it is also not possible for you to continue in the situation that you are in.

I will pray for you and your family.

God Bless

Jennifer 30yrs no kids./

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register