Stressing Out! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stressing Out! Stressing Out!

Unread 12-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Stressing Out!

Well with only 16 days to go....I am extremly scared. I have so much anxiety that im getting chest pain! The last couple days i feel as though everything is pushing up and trying to come out of my throat!I feel soo full..Maybe the fibroid is getting bigger or my nerves are so bad. Maybe i should take something to take the edge off. I feel like im going to have a heart attack. The other thing i see on here is that alot of you girls are having your pre op visits about 2 weeks before your surgery. My surgery is December 26 and i dont see the doc til the 22 and i have my blood work done x-mas eve. should i call them and get in sooner...i do have a few questions to ask the doc and dont want it to be only 4 days before the surgery. I guess i could call him and check. Maybe he can give me something for these nerves.
Thanks for listing!
Cori
lap for endo 1995
c-section 1999
tubal 2001
TAH 12/26/2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Stressing Out!

Scared24 - my pre-op was on Friday and my surgery was on Monday, in a lot of places you have to have your pre-op done 7 to 10 days before the surgery. Some tests are only valid for that long, other tests are valid for 30 to 60 days, so it all depends on the type of test your MD has ordered up before your surgery.
On really tough days pre-op I did take some really low dose Xanax so definitely talk to your MD about that. At first I didn't want to do it but I was so crazy on some days it helped a lot.
The anxiety you are going through is normal, so at least rest in that fact but you want to find the things that help you get your balance back so you go into the surgery rested. Warm baths, relaxation tapes, whatever it takes.

Sending hugs and prayers.
Unread 12-10-2008, 09:32 AM
candidate

If I ever heard of a candidate for some temporary Xanax, it's you. : I'm normallly one to warn on the fact it can be addictive, but it's also very helpful. So talk to your doc., and just be aware. It can be a lifesaver for people who feel like you do.

Kara :xmasnana:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Stressing Out!

I did take a half of Xanax about an hour ago. I had them when i lost my father from gastric bypass surgery 2 years ago. I prob only have taken them 5 other times when it got really bad. I think i have alot of anxiety right now knowing that i am going to be put asleep and a breathing tube in place. See 2 days after my father had gastric bypass he had to be put on a breathing tube and never came off til my sister and i had to make the decition to turn it off. I think that is my worse fear right now. I have had other surgeries and never had this much anxiety.Thank you and i will keep you updated...( i am feeling a little better after taking it)
Cori
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Stressing Out!

You definitely do not need to move your pre-op up. Any questions you have can be answered by your doc and you will still have a few days to take everything in. I'm glad you are feeling better. Maybe you can take comfort in knowing that your own surgeries went ok before. I am sorry about the loss of your father. Know that we are here to help you.
Unread 12-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Stressing Out!

Hi scared24

I am really sorry about your dad scared24...
your feelings of fear, anxiety etc.. are all normal before a major surgery, I was scared too, but I kept myself busy and thinking positive, have faith sweetie, that you will come out of this just fine and will be home in no time. the waiting is the worst!!
I would make an appt. with your doctor and ask him all the questions you need answered to give you some peace of mind, ask him about spinal anesthesia if a breathing tube makes you feel uncomfortable.

I pray for Gods peace in your heart, and may you feel his arms embrasing you for you to know that he is with you. a big for you sweetie, remember keep busy and keep your faith.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register