Home Sweet Home! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home Sweet Home! Home Sweet Home!

Unread 11-25-2002, 06:41 AM
Home Sweet Home!

Hello Ladies!
I have made it through a TAH (11/20), sooooo sore! Very sick from pain meds, had the all of the first night and a cold. Coughing and throwing up not recommended! This site had been a life saver for me. I will honestly say it hurts as much as I thought but knowing every day will get better makes it soooo much easier to get through. I will BEG all of you not to go without your tummy pillow! Such a help you wont believe it. I have staples (17!!) and everytime I cough (which is to often) it really helps. I have tried it with out and OUCH! Thanks for everyones support and love. You all have made a bad situation so much better for me. to everyone, and to Hysteresa for all the hand holding! So glad to finally be a
going to nap now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Home Sweet Home!

Welcome home, but sorry you are hurting so much. I ended up taking motrin for the pain instead of the tylenol 3 when I got home because they were making me sick. I think the codiene is not a good choice for me. I sympathize with any body who has a cough after a hyst and as far as sneezing goes........DON'T! Rub it out of your nose before it turns into a full fledged sneeze. I did one around the 3rd day and I think my imprints are still on the ceiling. I wasn't prepared and didn't have my pillow handy so it really hurt. But it all gets better with each day and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Unread 11-25-2002, 08:21 AM
Home Sweet Home!

Welcome home, Lori!!

So glad you're safely back home and recouperating. Hugs to you for going through a cold at the same time! Give yourself some extra TLC - you deserve it!

Remember to drink an extra lot and rest an extra lot, too (is that proper English? You know what I mean anyway!).

I agree - tummy pillows are the best!! (Guess what? I still hug mine at night - I don't have to, since I'm almost eight months post-op, but I love my tummy pillow! DH has gotten used to it, LOL!) And you're absolutely right - it does get better day by day. It's *wonderful* being a Princess, even during recovery! I thank God every day that I'm not bleeding anymore!

Hope you have a wonderful, restful, complete recovery!

~Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2002, 06:23 PM
HELLO LUCKY

I HAD MY TAH/BSO/APPENDECTOMY THE DAY BEFORE YOURS AND HAD 16STAPLES AND 12INCH INCISION. SO I DEFENITALY UNDERSTAND. I GOT A TICKLE IN MY THROAT AT THE HOSPITAL WHILE TRYING TO WALK AND STARTED TO COUGH AND DID NOT HAVE MY PILLOW AND ALMOST PASSED SMOOTH OUT. ALL THE STUDENT NURSED GATHERED AROUND ME THINKING I WAS FAINTING, BUT ON TOP OF IT HAD A HOT FLASH. I SURE WISH I HAD MY PILLOW THEN. IT IS THE MOST PAINFUL THING. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE YOU HEAL WELL.
Unread 11-27-2002, 01:03 PM
Home Sweet Home!

Thank you all! I am so lucky to have such a support group! Love and

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register