Single Sisters? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Single Sisters? Single Sisters?

Unread 02-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Single Sisters?

I was wondering if anyone has been through a hysterectomy that lived alone? Is it do-able? Any hints?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Single Sisters?

Hi Maggie!

It is doable.....it's all about preparation beforehand. I made sure to stock up on easy to prepare meals, frozen foods, soups, yogurt, etc. I also bought a "grabber" which has been a godsend to pick up anything you drop and even to grab clothes out of the washer or dryer. Also, any time anyone came to visit, I'd send them out with my garbage or to pick up my mail. Basically, I lived in pajamas so there was very little wash to do. While I saved magazines for a few months before my surgery, I found that the first few weeks I didn't want to read. I kept a phone by the bed within reach. Also purchased a body pillow which helped tremendously in the first few days. A friend has picked me up groceries when I've needed things. I'd say it is doable alone....the best thing I did was prepare in advance and clean house from top to bottom, once I came home from the hospital I treated myself as a Queen!!!

Best of luck to you!

Moonglow Nancy
Unread 02-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Single Sisters?

Hi,
I am single with two boys, ages 10 and 15. Prep for me was the key. I premade about 12 meals for dinners. Prepacked all the school lunches in a big computer box for 3 weeks. Stocked up on all plastic, (I know, not good for the environment), plastic plates, bowls, etc. Had pajama sets for few days at a time. 1-2 weeks before hand, I started the boys doing, practicing laundry etc. They were a HUGE help. Stocked up on Magazines...etc. I did have family and friends help. (I actually had the boys take out dinner 3x, friends brought dinner, had leftovers and actually had to THROW OUT my own dinners before they were made)...I did have extra cash on hand so I let the boys "order" subs and pizza 2x in three weeks. That was a treat for them. I also used the "pea pod" service which is offered by Stop & Shop. (Check locally in your area) Good luck....with your surgery....planning is the key....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register