TAH/RSO scheduled (endo patient) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/RSO scheduled (endo patient) TAH/RSO scheduled (endo patient)

Unread 07-26-2008, 08:32 PM
TAH/RSO scheduled (endo patient)

Hello Everyone,

I am having a TAH with Right BSO on Aug. 4th and am very anxious. I found HysterSisters after performing a Google search and I cannot thank everyone enough for their support and the wealth of info contained here.
I do not know a lot about the hormone replacement therapy and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what to expect. I am keeping my left ovary and I am 32yoa, no children. Should I go with the cream or will they put me on something like Prempro?
I will ask my doctor, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2008, 09:26 PM

I"m wondering the same thing to. I am having all removed (age 41). My doc said I will be put in surgical menapause. When you return to your doc before surgery they will explain what to use. Since you are keeping one ovary, I didn't think you had to take any hrt. I'm sure you will get great advise from this site. It is great!
Unread 07-26-2008, 09:32 PM

Hi kaeyllyn!

As (((parnett))) mentioned, since you are keeping an ovary you should not need any hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Your remaining ovary should continue to function and distribute the hormones you need.

I'm sending many positive thoughts your way for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!

s,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2008, 09:49 PM

I too will be getting a TAH on the 20Aug, putting me in surgical menopause.
I have apologized to my family in advance, since I was told that I will become a wicked witch. I've heard so many different stories about HRT, but I trust my doctor enough to believe she will give me what works best for me. Hang in there, hopefully with that one ovary you will not need it.
Unread 07-26-2008, 10:06 PM

Hi kaeylln!

We are glad you have found HysterSisters and we hope you do find a lot of helpful information and support here on the site!

Since you do have endometriosis, you may be interested in reading through our Endometriosis Resources. And do feel free to post any of your endo related questions over in the Endometriosis Support forum where you will find both pre and post op women who are dealing with endometriosis issues.

I wish you well for your surgery and hope that your remaining ovary works as it is suppose to, preventing surgical menopause issues! S
Unread 07-27-2008, 05:11 PM

I had a TAH/RSO and almost 4 weeks later I feel fine! The first week my hormones were out of whack a bit, but settled down quickly. I have been just fine with only my left ovary In fact, I feel pretty great "hormonally" as my right always had cysts that threw me out of whack!

Good luck!
Unread 07-27-2008, 08:11 PM

I had my surgery on the 15th of this month and even though my left ovary and uterus were removed, I kept my right ovary. I've not had any problems with hormones and I don't have to take any hrt and am doing well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register