SILS/LESS Really worried (TMI, sorry) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really worried (TMI, sorry) Really worried (TMI, sorry)

Unread 05-28-2012, 06:24 AM
Re: Really worried (TMI, sorry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyladylumps View Post
I do believe every woman had hair that grows along the crack line. I think God intended it as protection just like nose hair. I myself do not plan to remove any of it as it will itch like fiberglass growing back when I am sorest of all. It is softer and more natural just like it is, I am more worried about my doctor seeing a white swollen belly. I thought about getting a tan so I would not look like a pale blowfish. Don't we worry about the smallest things. I think it takes our minds off of the other stuff. It is so nice to have other women to talk to about anything and everything!
Your soo right! Things that might make one uncomfortable another would not worry about. I think its important to do anything it takes to feel nicer. For me it was fake tanning my face and chest so I didn't look too ghastly after surgery. And post op I have been getting up since day 3 and doing my makeup, just to chill on the couch not really necessasary and I often dont wear makeup at home but it gives me a boost at this time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2012, 07:32 AM

I used to work at a hospital and they changed the rules with our insurance that if qualified our GP had to do our annual gyne exam, well my GP was a good male friend, I came unhinged he just look at me and said " oh that won't bother me at all" Hello dork it will bother Me lol I think they are so fixated on the medical aspect they don't even notice what we think is " abnormal" I am a ronald mc Donald red down below and I used to worry myself sick ;-) seems funny to me now but at 16 I begged my Mom to let me dye it black lol ;-) my lil sister has what we call her " monkey tail" lol
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:23 PM

I was thinking about THE EXACT SAME THING today in the shower!!! I have hair there too, but it is more common than you think. I am a nurse and I've seen A LOT of naked behinds, so I can tell you from experience, it is so common they won't even think anything of it. Even knowing that myself, I don't like the idea that they won't let me shave anywhere "down there" for the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2012, 05:23 PM

This is definitely not the thread to read post-op! Ouch! LOL

Don't worry though, they've seen it all and what you are describing is perfectly normal. We all have hair there.

I wax everything on a regular basis.....when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING....front to back. Hurts like crazy but so worth it. After a while, the hair grows in finer.....sometimes it will seem like more hair than before, but it is a lot finer.

If you are concerned, you sitll have time to go get professionally waxed before your surgery. Waxing doesn't itch quite as bad growing back in as it does with shaving.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all your replies. Brought a smile to my face.
Unread 05-28-2012, 05:42 PM

U do it yourself or go to salon? How would one ask to get it done at a salon?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register