TVH Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy-PostOp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy-PostOp Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy-PostOp

Unread 05-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy-PostOp

My surgery was May 1st. I was so impressed with the advanced technology and accommodations at Henry Ford West Bloomfield, Michigan. I did not have any bad experiences with anyone on staff, and Dr.<> and Dr.<> were very patient in explaining the surgery step by step! My surgery was difficult and took 3 hours due to the largest of 4 fibroids being positioned against my ureter. It had not attached itself but I did have a small amount of scar tissue against my bladder. They were able to complete the surgery (removal of my uterus, both fallopian tubes, and cervix)without any damage to my bladder. My uterus was the size of a woman in her 4th month of pregnancy! My post-op challenges were the catheter and when they got me up that night to walk. My blood pressure and potassium levels were low from the anesthesia, but they were able to treat both. After an overnight stay, and removal of my catheter I was able to go home at noon after I had my first urine was analyzed. My challenges were the bloating, gas, and constipation! After my first bowel movement, it still is painful if my bladder gets too full, if I have to pass gas, or bowel movements! I have no bleeding and very small incisions over my stomach that have glue over them. Moving around within my limits actually helps. I am getting tingling from my lower back down my leg on the left side if I sit too long but other than that, I'm Blessed and Thankful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Re: Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy-PostOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahurston View Post
My surgery was May 1st. I was so impressed with the advanced technology and accommodations at Henry Ford West Bloomfield, Michigan. I did not have any bad experiences with anyone on staff, and Dr.<> and Dr.<> were very patient in explaining the surgery step by step! My surgery was difficult and took 3 hours due to the largest of 4 fibroids being positioned against my ureter. It had not attached itself but I did have a small amount of scar tissue against my bladder. They were able to complete the surgery (removal of my uterus, both fallopian tubes, and cervix)without any damage to my bladder. My uterus was the size of a woman in her 4th month of pregnancy! My post-op challenges were the catheter and when they got me up that night to walk. My blood pressure and potassium levels were low from the anesthesia, but they were able to treat both. After an overnight stay, and removal of my catheter I was able to go home at noon after I had my first urine was analyzed. My challenges were the bloating, gas, and constipation! After my first bowel movement, it still is painful if my bladder gets too full, if I have to pass gas, or bowel movements! I have no bleeding and very small incisions over my stomach that have glue over them. Moving around within my limits actually helps. I am getting tingling from my lower back down my leg on the left side if I sit too long but other than that, I'm Blessed and Thankful!
I sooooooo wanted to have mine there! But I love my gyn and she operates at HF Wyandotte. I swear that if I ever need another surgery I will find one that works out of there. It is a beautiful place, I am jealous! Glad to hear that you're doing well!
Unread 05-06-2015, 05:29 PM

Congratulations on doing so well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2015, 06:50 PM

((mahurston)) It is so good to see you on this side of surgery and know that you are recovering well. Continue to rest lots, drink lots, and walk . It will be very important for you to listen to your body and stop when it tells you you are doing too much.

Have you been able to get outside and walk. Michigan springs are beautiful . . . that was my favorite time of year growing up. Being able to enjoy the nice spring air will do your spirits good.

Remember we are here for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register