Urine leaking! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Urine leaking! Urine leaking!

Unread 03-22-2005, 04:08 AM
Urine leaking!

This is a problem that I have been having for a little while, but have been avoiding it. Have any of you ladies have problems with you bladder or urine? I have big problems leaking urine, not just when I am laughing of sneezing, just when I am just walking around of sitting down, or even laying down, the urine just comes out without any control. It's very uncomfortable because my underwear gets very soaked, and I have to change them a number of times a day. I am going to the store today and pick me up some panty liners, and hope that holds the urine without soaking my underwear. When it comes to using the bathroom, I have to go and pee like every hour on the hour, and then leak urine all day. I'm also still having problems with my bowels, I feel so packed up, but nothing helps, and the gas is just running around my stomach like crazy. Help please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 04:48 AM
Urine leaking!

I had the same problem with leaking bladder. I was really worried. I asked my Dr adn she just kept saying that it was really weird. When I went for my 6 week post op check up it was still happening . Doc said it was because I was not healed all the way and kept me on all restrictions for another 2 monthes. By the end of week 7 all had cleared up. I also used pads all day and night. It should go away but my doc said if it did not that I would have to have more test done to see why it was happening.

hope this helps.
Unread 03-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Urine leaking!

Hi!

I know how frustrated you must feel -- I had a catheter and still wound up leaking for 4 days. I was leaking so badly I would fill a maxipad up in no time and had to send my poor DH to the store for Poise pads. I was sooooooo upset because I thought I had a fistula and would leak forever (well not forever because they can fix fistulas but until I could get it fixed!). But then it just stopped. The doc thought it might have been bladder spasms. But in any case it happened during the period when I was dropping about 3 lbs of water weight a day (plus the copious amounts I was drinking) so I'm wondering if the bladder (even with a cath) couldn't handle it.

In any case, definitely give your doc a call -- it may just be post-op trauma or it might be something more.

As for the bowels -- make sure you keep drinking -- I know when I was leaking my instincts were to cut down on what I was drinking -- that led to more gas and I had to really force myself to drink more.

Hope you feel much better! Hugs to you!

Nancy-Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Urine leaking!

Had TAH 1-25. At 1 mo I started the leaky thing. My Dr. said it should go away as the muscles all start to heal. It is better but if I over do it or have swelly belly it happens again. Others tell me it will go away. I hope so. Now it's just a little bit. Your right we didn't sign on for all of this. Keep the hope up. Lynn
Unread 03-27-2005, 01:31 AM
follow up!

Hey ladies, well the leaking urine thing is still going on, and it's getting a bit bothersome, I do wear a panty liner with my panties so they don't get too wet. My bowels are finally starting to move more often, I don't have to drink that much prune juice anymore, and the gas has finally gotten better also, Whew! My stomach is still numb, can't feel a thing, I could pinch myself all day and won't feel anything, and wear they shaved my hair off, I am itching like nuts. But I still can only eat very small meals at a time, and that's maybe a couple of tablespoons of this and that. The only thing that really bothers me is that I still can't sleep no more than 3 -4 hours a day, not night, I am up all night long. And yes once again, I made a big boo boo. It showed one day last week and the snow was starting to get a couple of inches, I didn't want to get stuck with no one to help me, so I went outside and shoveled the snow in front of my door and in front of the building. I know I should not have did it, but I am the super of the building and I didn't want no one to come out in the morning to go to work and slip on any snow or ice. Well I paid for that, when I came upstairs the pain in my abdomen got so bad that I couldn't move, I raced to my Perocet, and this went on for 2 - 3 days. This is the second time I did something that I wasn't suppose to, and believe me, this time I learned my lesson. I'm not saying that I'm getting a lot better, but I very little at a time. I go to the doctor next week for my 4 week check-up, and I do have some issues that I wish to discuss with him! Wish me luck. Stay sweet ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register