feel like I'm going to pop! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feel like I'm going to pop! feel like I'm going to pop!

Unread 09-29-2012, 12:53 PM
feel like I'm going to pop!

Ugh I am so bloated today I feel like I'm going to pop! I usually don't get bloated but my pants are tight and I'm so uncomfortable I could scream. How do you relieve bloating?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Re: feel like I'm going to pop!

Feel ya! It has got so bad that I feel like I don't have room for anything I eat. Just the smallest of things makes me feel like I have ate a HUGE meal. Not to mention bending over. Walking in the evenings seems to help some. Other then that I haven't found anything that helps.
Unread 09-29-2012, 06:27 PM

I'm right there with you! I have been taking gas x as some women have mentioned it on here. It does help a little. Eating has become a challenge, like Lexcee I feel full very quickly and only eating a little bit. For some reason despite the little bit I am eating, I am gaining weight! I have given up wearing jeans for now. Thank God I wear scrubs to work! I have also tried using a heating pad which helps a little bit as well. It's gotta be better on the other side?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2012, 06:35 PM

Sisters, I feel your pain! I feel like I have permanent PMS bloat. Instead of just lasting a few days it's now permanent. Jeans hurt, I get full really quickly, burp all the time, and it even feels like I can't take a deep breath for a few hours if I eat a big meal.

Drinking tons of water seems to help slightly along with warm baths. Exercise helps the bloat for me but aggravates the cramping and makes the fatigue even worse so that one's a double edged sword for me.
Unread 09-29-2012, 06:46 PM

I burp a lot as well. A couple weeks ago I thought I was constipated and that was why I was feeling so bloated. I tried stool softeners. It did not relieve the feeling. I have 2 fibroids in my uterus and 2 cysts in left ovary. I am thinking this is why? It doesn't sound like they are very big per the doctor but the one is pressing on my bladder which has not been fun. It is worse in the evening, especially after I have worked all day. I posted on here before if you could have swelly belly before surgery!?
Unread 09-29-2012, 07:12 PM

I can really remember feeling terribly bloated before my surgery.

I wish there was a good remedy! If you feel like you're retaining fluid, it can help to put citrus (lemon or lime) in water... And then drink alot of the water.

Here's hoping your surgery helps cure the bloated feeling!

Unread 09-30-2012, 11:42 AM

wow glad I came across the blog. I pretty much stay in jammie style cloths unless I have to go someplace. By the end of the day my biggest pants are way tight on me when that am they would be falling of me. I was told by my doctor it is due to my fibrod which is back side of my uterus. I am at 9 days till the big day and cant wait. relief in sight?!
Unread 09-30-2012, 01:55 PM

Went to family doc, gained 15 lbs. since having LAVH .Said it will go away after ob releases me to regular duty. I have swelly belly soooo bad I cry . I asked for low dose nerve pill help get through this . No sleep , all I do is waddle and cry about not seeing my feet , not wearing my jeans and new shorts for summer. Forget about eating anything pasta I swear Iam gonna suffocate. I bought gasx and it helped a bit. I also am having lower back pain from extra weight . I thought I was alone. Glad I stumbled on this thread too. People think Iam preg. Good luck to rest of the swelly belly sisters.Tried peppermint tea it helped but I cant drink hot tea with these flashes. WHEW!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register