no diagnosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-18-2007, 07:26 AM
no diagnosis

As some of you may know i have had problems with pain for about 7 years, my question is have any of you had a hysterectomy without a definate diagnosis of what the problem is? my past laparoscopies showed nothing only adhesions but i am sick of all the pain. It has taken me a long time to decide but i know i am making the right decision. My main pain is the feeling that i am ovulating every day. TAH/BSO [no date yet] heavy periods, constant pain, underactive thyroid, uterine polyps. sterelized
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 07:50 AM
no diagnosis

I don't have any answers for you but can tell you that adhesions can cause tremendous pain so you shouldn't feel like you have NO diagnosis. That's something to keep in mind and hopefully after the surgery you'll be pain free!!!! Hugs!
Unread 06-18-2007, 08:10 AM
no diagnosis

Liteshade~

Girl those adhesions are extremly painful~believe me I know first hand and it feels as if your insides are being rung out like a wet wash cloth or as if you cannot stand up straight when they get bad enough.
As for feeling as if you are ovulating daily~has your doctor checked you for cysts? I know every woman gets small cysts monthly when they ovulate and maybe yours isn't going away. I know mine never do and its extremely painful as well. (I have had problems with cysts since I started my periods when I was 12).
Just some things to consider. Although I do know that having a hysteroctomy won't make your adhesions go away. My grandma had a hyst. when she was in her 20's and she has to go back in every 10-15 years and have them removed due to the pain. The way I see it 10-15 yrs pain free is worth it for me!! Living with constant pain is not an option I even considered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 08:24 AM
no diagnosis

I know when i had my first lap[ which was 3 years ago now] the doctor never mentioned any cysts or endo, he just told me i had a few adhesions from my sterelization [ i was sterelised 8 years ago] but i found i was pain free for a few months after that, but it wasnt long before it was back, the only thing that has taken the pain away is prostap injections [i think its lupron in america]. I also remember having the most horrible pelvic pain after it felt like my ovary had exploded, i was cying for half an hour and couldnt get in a position to get comfy. Could that have been a cyst bursting?
Unread 06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
no diagnosis

I fortunatly have not had a cyst burst. (Almost had an ovary burst). Believe me that was painful enough I was taken to the hospital for emergency surgery.
When I ovulate and start my period I feel as if I can't stand up straight at all (well thats most of the time now). But due to my problems I have always had to be on pain meds during my period~even with being on the pill.
I think its something you should discuss with your doctor and see if they can do an ultrasound. Have you had a lap in the past 3 yrs?
Unread 06-18-2007, 08:37 AM
no diagnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteshade
As some of you may know i have had problems with pain for about 7 years, my question is have any of you had a hysterectomy without a definate diagnosis of what the problem is? my past laparoscopies showed nothing only adhesions but i am sick of all the pain. It has taken me a long time to decide but i know i am making the right decision. My main pain is the feeling that i am ovulating every day. TAH/BSO [no date yet] heavy periods, constant pain, underactive thyroid, uterine polyps. sterelized
Hi Liteshade--

I did have a hysterectomy w' not knowing what my diagnosis was.
I had a clear, white mucus discharge 24/7.
When the Dr looked @ me during a daysurgery procedure she saw that I had a fatty mass in my uterus--not knowing what it was she did not proceed & did a biopsy on it & it came back normal --
I went ahead & scheduled for the Hysterectomy to get rid of the discharge.
They ended up finding that I had cervical cancer stage 1b1.

Thank God I did the surgery!
I am considered CANCER FREE now after my 3rd surgery !

Do what you feel is right!

My prayers are with you.

xo cat
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:32 AM
no diagnosis

I had severe pain for ten years. I went to several gynacologists. None took all my symptoms seriously. Five years ago, one doctor did a pelvic ultrasound. It showed two small fibroids, so the doctor said you're fine, you have IBS. The pain kept getting worse, I had cyclic migraines that caused vomiting and vertigo. I had heavy bleeding and bloating. I had IBS symptoms. I felt well about five days a month. My life went down the tubes financially because I couldn't work much. I wanted to go to sleep and not wake up. Last fall, I had my annual exam at a gynocologist whom I had seen for three years. The pap smear was normal. I pushed for another US, which came back with two small fibroids. So the doctor ignored my pain, symptoms, and she said see you in a year. I got very upset. I got angry. I demanded help. I insisted that there must be something they could do for me. To calm me down, the doctor scheduled a lap/hysteroscopy/ablation. (Finally, a look inside after TEN years!). Right after the procedure, the doctor said "everyhting looks beautiful in there." The Lap/Hyst pathology then showed a benign polyp and fibroids, the core biopsy showed ADENOMYOSIS. The doctor wanted to NOT treat this. She said to let it ride. But my pelvic pain grew unendurable because the doctor had done the ablation...a no-no for women with adeno. So I had to cry, beg, and humiliate myself, but the doctor scheduled a TAH. The pathology for my TAH/BSP was severe adeno, endo all over the place including bladder and intestines, dissolving fibroids that were calcifying (more fibroids than the US had shown), acute and chronic cervicitis, squamous metaplasia, cystic ovaries, adhesions all over the place, cysts in my tubes, mitosis, and benign tumor. The TAH/BSO surgery and recovery were difficult for me, but now almost four months later, I feel like I am finally alive. I have no more pelvic pain and other symptoms. I am having problems with menopause and an experimenting with no HRT. So, this long rant is to tell you, my sisters, that ultrasounds DO NOT tell the entire story. Doctors miss things on the US all the time. Please be assertive and after the US, if you still have problems, try to get a lap/hysteroscopy. It saved my life, but I am now bankrupt and losing my house. My doctor thought I was insane. Instead of trying to diagnose me, she wanted me to see a psychiatrist to "deal with the pelvic pain"!!!! I feel like I lost ten years of my life. My doctor never apologized. What she did when I asked how I could have been diagnosed earlier was she said "I learned a lot on your case."
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
no diagnosis

yes i had a hysteroscopy last year, thats when they found a couple of polyps, i also had an ultra sound a couple of years ago which i had forgot about. They couldnt see my left ovary because my bowel was hiding it. So yes i have had quite a few tests to find whats wrong but nothing much came up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register