reporting my experience | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

reporting my experience reporting my experience

Unread 08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
reporting my experience

Hi All,
Guess I am a princess now. I had abdominal hysterectomy. My ovaries were found to be healthy, so they remain, much to my relief. My surgery was Aug.10, a Wednesday-I left the hospital Friday afternoon. The first 2 post op days were hell, due to severe vomiting ( in spite of anti-nausea meds) that added to terrible pain and overall demoralization, but following that I seemed to do well, and anxious to come home. I am 51. Have 3 older schoolage children at home who learned to pretty much fend for themselves and get off to school, etc. Very supportive husband who, while having to go to work, has pampered me as much as he could.
Had an 8 inch incision with metal staples that I came home with. After a week post op went back to doctor who thankfully removed those things and replaced with steri-s. Found out after all the treatments and visits, I had pathology results of deep adenomyosis, as my reason for such prolonged bleeding-bright red, and clots for so very long-I had previously had 4 c-sections, and a tubal ligation which may have contributed to the cause of the condition. Never diagnosed, tho. Took hormonal treatments for a long time, had an unsuccessful (thermal) endometrial ablation, and ultimately the supracervical hysterectomy from which I am now recovering. I had gotten to the point that I thought my mennorrhagia was some mysterious idiopathic thing-relieved to know that there actually is a name and condition for probably what was causing my problem. Looking forward to the "new lease on life"-dont miss my uterus at all....Thanks also for your support and encouragement....wtwm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 01:24 PM
reporting my experience

Glad to hear you are on your way to recovery. I also had my TAH on 8-10. I came home on Saturday evening. Take it easy and let your kids and husband continue to pamper you.

GA
Unread 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
reporting my experience

you sound soooo much like me!! i had my hyst on July 19th...the meds also made me soooo sick and the anti nausua meds did nothing to help...i too had a tubaligation just 5 months ago which at that time i was suppose to have an ablation but they found my uterus was too large...after my hyst i found out i had adynomyosis also and polyps...i too was glad they found something wrong (a name for it) so it justified the hyst for me...i feel good...a little cramping when i need to slow down...hope your road to recovery is uneventful...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register