Sex anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Sex anyone?

I know alot of you have said you have no desire for sex but the strangest thing happened yesterday. I felt amorous (one week post hyst). My husband knows no intercourse right now because the doctor TOLD him at the hospital. However, is it safe to do "other things?" I hate to be too graphic but he asked me if it would hurt me if he did "other things?"

Has anyone tried anything or have any hints for us? Oh, by the way, because of my problems he has not had much in the past 4-5 months anyway. I am even getting paranoid that he might see someone else. He tells me this is ludicrous but you know how it gets, sitting around doing nothing but thinking all day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Sex anyone?

Treem...
I know how you are feeling. Hubby and I were on haitus for a few months before my surgery. I had mine on the 20th. Yes, there are some things you can do, if you are comfy with them. I had a severely increased libido by week 2... dont ask me why.
My doc okayed manual stimulation to reach the "0" as of week 2...as long as hands were clean.
We got creative as far as keeping Dh happy as well. (Pm me for more details if you want...dont want to put waaaaaay TMI on the board!)
As far as anything with you, check with your doc. As far as anything for hubby....do what you are physically comfortable with.
We did alot of making out and heavy petting ...which was fun and very reminiscent of early days of dating...which made it real fun!
PM me if you would like to know a little more.
Unread 07-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Sex anyone?

Yeah, that's what he wanted to know, if he could use manual stimulation for me. I guess I should ask Dr (I'm kind of embarrassed to ask that though).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Sex anyone?

Oh, and I'm relieved to hear that I'm not a freak because I felt a little..uh...you know when I haven't had any libido in a LONG time. Maybe it's the ovaries kicking in. I kept mine. They said weird stuff will happen to us on this journey...
Unread 07-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Sex anyone?

LOL! I was the same way.....and still am! In fact, when I read the title of you post, my first thought was....."YES PLEASE!" LOL! Glad to know I'm not some kind of perv! I can't wait to try out the new "bits n pieces!" I've been joking that I'm gonna make my hubby drink protein shakes for two weeks prior to my 'parole' date and take the following two days off work! LOL!!
Unread 07-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Sex anyone?

your hubby will be your love slave!... I called my dr's office to ask about that and they said "Be creative." I wondered about bleeding with all the extra blood from arousal and orgasm but they said that was fine.
Unread 07-14-2006, 06:44 PM
it is like being a teenager again

I've awakened twice now in the middle of an orgasm--teenage boy wet dreams, I swear!! I haven't done that in years--no need to I guess. I can tell you that there was some pain and I could feel some muscles pulling, so I would be careful in going for the "o" right now.

Nevertheless, I'm going to explore some options with DH this weekend though he is scared to try anything.
I was traveling so much before my surgery that we didn't have much time to "get extra time in" before I went. And my doc tells me that he has made me a virgin again, so I'll be interested to see what THAT feels likes.
Unread 07-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Sex anyone?

Is that true about the virgin thing? I saw where someone else posted that. What exactly does that mean (anatomy lesson please)?
Unread 07-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Sex anyone?

My poor hubby went without for so long before my surgery, and after week 1, even though physically I felt awful, my libido was in full charge! So we have been doing a lot of making out, which is really reminding me of dating days and has been lots of fun! I saw my doc today and he said in 3 weeks we can finally have sex, so I told hubby begin the countdown, lol.
Unread 07-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Sex anyone?

Now another question...did any of you get paranoid, you know, with the hormones raging and all? I just keep thinking that gosh, if he can't get it from me will he go elsewhere? He gets mad at me but it makes sense to me in my delusional state.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register