Pre-Op Pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Pre-Op Pain?

I am having what I can only describe as abdominal "attacks". I am fine one second and the next second I can't breathe, and feel faint because of the pain. The pain is sharp, stabbing pains on my only ovary and my adhesions that are binding feel like they're being pushed on. Often when this happens I also have spasms that run throughout my entire intestinal tract, through my uterus and all the way down my vagina, as well as direct shooting pains down my groin and an achiness across my lower back and out my hips. This has been so bad that I have had to go in an ambulance to the hospital, only to have them tell me there's nothing wrong.

I had another one of these attacks today that was the second worst one yet. I have 1-1/2 Lotab in my system and am still in pain. Even when they carted me to the hospital and shot me up with the painkillers the pain didn't go away.

I am so sick of this. I was fine for weeks and weeks until this hit me so suddenly again today. A few weeks ago, when I had the last one, I got stuck walking to work halfway there and didn't know what to do. I thought I was going to pass out in the skywalk. Does anybody else have this happen?

They told me in the ER that they thought it was my intestines wrapping around each other and letting go suddenly, but what I had today was definitely not that. It is definitely on the ovary and the other is definitely the adhesion on my lower-left side from the ovary removal surgery previously done.

I am trying to stay positive until the surgery but this pain is beating me down. I am so tired and tired of being tired.

Thanks for letting me vent...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Pre-Op Pain?

DezinerDiva,
Do you have cysts? I'm sorry your in so much pain...and you still have to wait to get fixed......We all understand being tired of being tired...it's SO old! I would call my doc as soon as the office opens in the morning...Good Luck sweety....I'll be praying for you...
Unread 03-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Pre-Op Pain?

I had the same exact pain you have. It was misdiagnosed as IBS for over 14 months, until I got frustrated and went to a different hospital. They immediately suspected it was ovarian cysts rupturing. They admitted me, did an exploratory laparascopy and scheduled my hyst for 5 weeks later. I haven't had the pain since. In the time between being told I needed the hyst and having it, they kept my pain tolerable with vicaprofin (sp?).

Good luck sweety, I hope it gets better soon! You will have to contact me when you get to Colorado Springs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Pre-Op Pain?

Well, I called the doctor today because I had to leave work due to the pain (again), and she prescribed me Percocet. She said my body was probably getting used to the Lortab, so it wasn't working for me any longer. I have 2.3 weeks to go and I just hope the Percocet holds out that long. I am sure the pain is adhesions and they are just exacerbated due to the swelling of having my monthly (which I haven't had in almost a year). So, yeah, it's all foreign territory to me since it's been so long and since I really have never had problems with cramps or anything in the past. Just to get rid of the backache and the shooting pains down my groin are enough to make me smile for a little bit. Am definitely looking forward to the surgery, just not sure about having me and the husband recouping at the same time together. He's my chef, you see...LOL! And the grocery shopper, too.

Thanks for all the support and will chat more later, I'm sure!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register