Ouch-it still hurts... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ouch-it still hurts... Ouch-it still hurts...

Unread 12-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Ouch-it still hurts...

Hello there
i am more or less 4 mths post op and been back at work 2 wks-xmas rush had started,big style-on me feet for 10hrs a day as i am in retail.
I still have pinching,itchy pains where my scar is especially when im on my feet- i have joint pain-but not sure if this is to do with low oestrogen or the fact that its because iv bee on my feet al day-i was in the bath an hr tonight till i looked like a prune to make me feel better.
Could i be over doing things or is it still normal to have these pains-?
Wish you all a merry xmas.
sunshine1971(age 34 ,hysterectomy with removal of ovaries,currently on patches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Ouch-it still hurts...

Hi sunshine1971! I can't help much with the scar issue but as far as the joint pain, this can be a sign of low estrogen or even low progesterone. I too am 4 months post op and work on my feet all day, and by the time i get home my legs hurt so bad I want to cry! I have struggled with several different hrts and am still trying to find the right balance. Seems I am either on too much or too little. Argh!!! Do you get hot flashes, fatigue, night sweats, insomnia, brain fog, or other signs of low estrogen? If so it is more than likely the joint pain is from low estrogen. However, since we are so early in our recovery, it could be a sign of overdoing things also. It can take up to a year to fully recover. It might help you to take a multivitamin, b complex, fish oil, vitamin e, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin d if you aren't already. That is what I have been doing for the last month. It helps a little but I am still struggling. I guess it takes a while for these vitamins to build up in your body. Below I included a link that describes symptoms of too much/too little estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. Hope this helps. Maybe someone will come along that can help with the scar issues. Hope you feel better soon and Merry Christmas!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsarticle.php?id=97238

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register