Anyone had the cryo ablation? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone had the cryo ablation? Anyone had the cryo ablation?

Unread 05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Anyone had the cryo ablation?

I am having seconds thoughts about having the hysterectomy and thinking of trying the cryoablation first. He freezes the lining of the uterus and it pretty much stops all periods. Your lining slowly discharges at the time you would have had your period even though you don't have a period. I believe he is the only one in the state of Maine that does this procedure.
Most either use heat or take out the lining. Has anyone here had the freezing of the uterus?? The dr. does not put you to sleep. You take a valium and he gives you a shot in your vagina. Supposedly you don't feel a thing.
The only reason why I was going with the hysterectomy was to stop the painful sex and the heavy bleeding but I am chickening out big time. I get really scared and sick feeling everytime I think about it. Can anyone tell me of your experience with the cryoablation? And does it last for years or is it too new to know how long it lasts?
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2008, 04:57 PM

Hi Punam,
I haven't had the cryoablation, but I have had the novosure-ablation for large fibroids and heavy bleeding. This is just my experience but I'll share it with you. After my ablation the pain was minimal at first. My periods never stopped. They came on time but with far less bleeding. As the months progressed the bleeding increased and added was intense cramping and pain. Long story short 8 months after my ablation I am now scheduled for a TAH. Would I have done the ablation again? Yes, I wanted to try something minimal first. Am I ready for a hysterectomy? YES! I can't tell you what to do. You need to do what your gut tells you is right. All I know is that the more I learned I more sure of my decisions I became. Wishing you best of luck with your decision.
Unread 05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
had the ablation

Yes I had it and all it did was get me to a place where I had to get a (hyst) It did nothing for me. It made me worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2008, 05:12 PM

I to had the same thing with the ablation. At first it was fine and the 6 mo's later the pain and bleeding came. It was so bad I went to the er for the pain. Not even Loratabs or percoset would help at all. I would not do it again had I known this would happen. I am now having a tah May 27.
Unread 05-19-2008, 06:23 PM

I have only heard of the freezing style ablation, don't know anyone who has had it. I had rollerball ablation (burning kind) in December 06 and have not bled at all since, still have monthly cramping though, it does nothing for pain, I imagine the freezing wouldn't either.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register