Got my Hospital Bill - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my Hospital Bill Got my Hospital Bill

Unread 05-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Got my Hospital Bill

My total bill was a bit over $20,000, of which about $200 came out of our pocket, the rest paid by insurance.
And I was only in the hospital overnight--about 30 hours, total!

isewquilts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Got my Hospital Bill

I haven't received everything yet, still getting bills, but the total so far is over $50,000. I have to pay 20% of that- thank goodness for insurance, though!
Unread 05-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Got my Hospital Bill

I had SAH on Monday 7:30 a.m., home Wed. 8:00 a.m. Total bill about $30,000 (doc, castle, anesthesia, lab, ekg), I have a $3000 max out of pocket. I had to pay about $1000. Then 4 months after sugery I get notice from insurance company that some doctor billed them for assisting in my surgery and he was out of network so I would be responsible for the full $1200. I did not know I had an assistant surgeon until I got this statement, then 2 weeks later his bill which he discounted to $715. I filed appeal with my insurance company this past week because my surgery was preapproved, my doc in the network, castle in the network. I even called my doctor's office to make sure he assisted. Waiting now to hear if they will cover 80% of his bill.

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Got my Hospital Bill

Although my bill was 37,018.00 for one nights stay, I too did not pay a dime. It was billed to my insurance company. I have no deductible for hospital stays.
It still burns me up though at the high cost of medical care here in the USA with no relief it seems in sight
Unread 05-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Got my Hospital Bill

My bill totalled slightly over $102,000 for a TAH that went from a two day stay to a 6 day stay due to complications. All that I had to pay was a $100 deductible for the hospital, my deductible /copay of $450 to my surgeons, $65 copay to the anesthesiologist and co-pays of $15 to a couple of consulting physicians. All I can say is thank GOD for insurance !!!!!
Unread 05-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Got my Hospital Bill

I am an employee at the hospital I had my surgery at. My TVH with A&P repair totaled 17800 for a one night stay, plus 6000 doc fee and no telling for the anesthesia. My out of pocket total will be about 4500. If the doc had coded things as outpatient observation, it would have all been free, but he couldn't.
Unread 05-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Got my Hospital Bill

Oh my giddy aunt!! I can't BELIEVE how much you ladies in the US have to pay!! I'm stunned and gobsmacked.

I have full insurance here in New Zealand ... and my total costs, which included a five day stay in a very lovely private hospital, were around NZD$8,000. That is about $5,700 USD. Wow. No wonder our travel agents here always say we need the best travel insurance possible when we visit the USA!

I don't have to pay a cent for my TAH - my insurance covers it all. I'm very, very thankful.

Unread 05-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Got my Hospital Bill

Hi Ladies,

Well after reading these threads I have to say I'm glad I live in Australia. Whilst many people complain about our healthcare system at least it doesn't come with the heavy price tag.

True there can be long waiting lists especially in the larger city areas and I was fortunate to only live in a larger country area. Once my doctor decided to perform my surgery he gave me a date for less than 3 weeks later.

As I chose to enter hospital as a medicare patient of which a small percentage comes out with our wages in tax, everyone regardless has to pay a medicare levy. I have received no bills at all. I had wonderful healthcare by my surgeon and the hospital staff and feel that those who complain about our system should see the costs you ladies are incurring.

Happy healing.........Karen
Unread 05-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Got my Hospital Bill

I am still getting all my bills in, but from what I have gotten in I would say my bills are running in the neighborhood of 50K. Of that amount I am responsible for about 9k. My insurance is not the best, but I am thankful for what I do have. 50k would be a much harder brick to swallow than 9k, and yes, I am making payments.
Unread 05-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Got my Hospital Bill

I know that some of the medical bills here are outrageous, mine were lower than what I was expecting, but all in all, I really dont mind paying what I will because I felt that I received super care from the castle and my dr. I am very thankful that my husband has wonderful insurance thru his employer, there was once that we had no insurance and it is hard to get medical care of your choice. I have always been told that Texas has more affordable health care than alot of the other states.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register