Scheduled TVH Surgery in 4 days and terrified.. crying about everything. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in 4 days and terrified.. crying about everything. Surgery in 4 days and terrified.. crying about everything.

Unread 05-28-2011, 05:10 AM
Surgery in 4 days and terrified.. crying about everything.

Okay, I'm having a TVH, cystocele repair and hernia repair in 4 days on June 1. I have had several surgeries in the past such as heart ablation when I was only 15, breast reduction, gallbladder removal, sinus surgery.. I think that is most, surgery never really had me nervous. However, this time I am already shakey and crying at everything. It's 5:30 on a Saturday and I'm already awake Haha.. to top it off I turn 30 11 days after surgery, lol. I think my biggest fear is pain afterward. I know I'm in pain all the time now, so I'm looking forward to the other side, but I'm still being a baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Re: Surgery in 4 days and terrified.. crying about everything.

I had a LAVH on Monday, and was also quite nervous before. I would tell myself that this has become a 'common' surgery and the dr's know what they are doing...its not like they are practicing on me!

and I would think of the 6 week 'vacation' ahead of me...so, try to think of the positives whenever you start to get those thoughts!

and 4 days after, the pain is not that bad...the worst are the gas pangs but even those are manageable...you can do this!
Unread 05-28-2011, 08:26 AM

I am also having a complete Hyst on June 1st! Laparscopically. I am 40 and this is my first surgery and I have no children, and docs detected pre-cancerous cells so I am a mess as well. You are even younger than me! Do you have children? That is probably the saddest part for me... The part that also gets me, is that I am going into this surgery not knowing exactly what will and won't be removed, depending on what they find once the go in. all of this can seriously drive you nutz...
I had a meeting with my Anastesiologist and he told me that I will be in a lot of pain, but that he will take care of that for me post-op. You should be set up with meds as well. Dont worry, they'll take good care of you! Morphine drip should do it...
Good Luck and think Positive!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2011, 09:45 AM

This support group as well as your family and friends support group helps out a lot. They have to slap me around some times because I start trippin out. The number one supporter I God becuase he knew you before you where born. He knows your begining your now and your ending. Listen to your inner thoughts Its going to be ok. I am due at the castle June 7 also doing TAH with the removal of right overie its normal to trip out because of the unknown I'll pray for you.
Unread 05-28-2011, 12:06 PM

jammrz, I understand the crying about everything! I went shopping at 5 am to pick up a few last things, sniffled passing the baby isle, (we don't have children, either shellyyy), broke down at the juice isle when they didn't have my v8 fusion then headed to work.
Before I was upset because I didn't have everything done and now that everything is wrapping up I am freaking out of the thought of nothing to do for A DAY.
I am worried about pain but looking forward to the drug induced sleep I will have soon because I am so exhausted.
Sorry I kind of went off on my on tangent, short story long.... know that there are those of us going through similar things that is what makes this site so great just being able to talk it out. I'll be thinking of out on the other side.
g~
Unread 05-28-2011, 01:58 PM

Hello ladies, I feel your anxiety! but please be reassured all will be ok!

I am 3 months post op LAVH and PFR, it is a big deal, but slowly each week you notice changes for the better, and I can vouch for it being soooooo worth it. I feel like a new woman now, and also being on Oestrogen, I think adds to the great sense of well being.

My advice is not to worry, be assured you are all doing the right thing, and it will be worth it in the end.

Hoping to hear you are all making a good recovery soon.

Take care, and thinking of you,

Lil xx
Unread 05-28-2011, 02:26 PM

I don't really have anything to add. Like Lily, I am 3 months post op now. I was so done with pain, it was my decision to have the surgery. Even so, I was still scared. Now, I am so glad to be done with it. My pain is dramatically reduced. Even the pain from surgery was small compared to the pain I had before. Seeing all you've been through, I'm thinking you will find a lot of relief after surgery. Remember, there are a lot of people here for you with advice and support and a shoulder to cry on if you need it.
Unread 05-28-2011, 03:56 PM

texmix,
what are the "gas pangs" all about? please do tell! be as specific as you can!!!
Unread 05-28-2011, 05:40 PM

I thought it was just me doing all of the crying. I'm scheduled for June 7th and have not been out of pain for 2 months due to presumed adenomyosis and definite fibroids and endometriosis. I'm trying to work right up to the surgery date but am having a difficult time. I cry at the drop of a hat and am taking everything too seriously.

I'm bothered that I can't do things around the house right now without feeling like I'm in labor. I look forward to a pain-free day and know this is the right decision, but still keep crying.
Unread 05-28-2011, 07:27 PM

To all. I am almost 4 weeks post op and yes, week after week it does get better. I have been off work for 4 weeks and getting a little depressed, lonely, and claustraphobic in my own home...I return to work in a few days, really don't want to work, but it should be good for me to get out, keep busy, see people, etc. The BM's were anything but normal for the first 3 weeks but going into my 4th week, they have improved quite a bit. I was going 2-3x per day, now back to 1x per day. You will have gas, gas, gas, take the mylecon (or gasx) and don't be surprised. I still have some gas in my 4th week but not as bad as the first week or two. Some things about this surgery, nobody prepared me for. I thought I had done all my research. Oh well, I am focusing on why I did this and how I no longer have to suffer. The side effects, early meno (even though I still have my ovaries), etc. - I will just deal with it and get through it, life is good without a uterus. I have been good about not lifting but I was reaching up quite a bit, don't do it, it's not worth it. Have a good night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register