4 weeks post hysterectomy: Embarrassing problem ... Increased libido | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy: Embarrassing problem ... Increased libido 4 weeks post hysterectomy: Embarrassing problem ... Increased libido

Unread 07-06-2014, 02:54 PM
4 weeks post hysterectomy: Embarrassing problem ... Increased libido

Ok I am blushing as I type this out . I am 4 weeks post op and my hormones are raging. I want to jump my husbands bone . This feeling I am having is miserable will it ever get better . And as anybody else went threw this. I am so miserable. Do need to call the doctor because my hormones are off . Help I just want cry because thats how miserable I am. What can I do to stop this feeling I have 2 to 3 weeks of pelvic rest .like I said I am brite red while typing this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Re: Embarrassing problem ...

Are you on HRT? not sure what is embarrassing about wanting to jump your husband?
Unread 07-06-2014, 03:09 PM
4 weeks post hysterectomy: Embarrassing problem ... Increased libido

Absolutely normal! I was the same in weeks three and four. I'm in week six now and it has subsided
I've read many comments on here about increased libido and the problem of not being able to do anything about it!
I think it's just your hormones jumping about a bit after the op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Don't feel bad about that I am feeling the exact same way. Its frustrating that I can't do anything but still love the fact that I can get turned on. I have always had a healthy libido however my fibroids anemia and painful heavy cycle got in the way. I am not on any hormones and I kept my ovaries. I say enjoy it. Happy healings
Unread 07-06-2014, 03:24 PM

I am joining the ranks here, same timing same feeling!! Even still get it once in a while, and while my first gyn released me, new one that i trust much more said hold off a bit longer!!!!
Unread 07-06-2014, 03:48 PM

I went through this post op also, it started day two and it drove me absolutely crazy. It felt like a wire being strung really tight and it hurt. It was constant, even the friction from walking hurt. I'm over 2 yrs post op, it's still there but a little more manageable. This may explain a little better Libido Surge after Hysterectomy

Hang in there sweetie and don't give in to the urge no matter how difficult.

Unread 07-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy: Embarrassing problem ... Increased libido

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybono4 View Post
Ok I am blushing as I type this out . I am 4 weeks post op and my hormones are raging. I want to jump my husbands bone . This feeling I am having is miserable will it ever get better . And as anybody else went threw this. I am so miserable. Do need to call the doctor because my hormones are off . Help I just want cry because thats how miserable I am. What can I do to stop this feeling I have 2 to 3 weeks of pelvic rest .like I said I am brite red while typing this.
I see nothing wrong with your husband pleasuring you with out really penetrating, so you can still have an orgasm that way, or what I did got on top without entering and leave the rest to your imagination. IT CAN BE DONE!
Unread 07-06-2014, 07:37 PM

Unless you are cleared to have sex...any type of sex I would hold off. The action of the muscles when orgasming can cause pain and discomfort, also stressing healing tissues. If you are cleared by your doctor then go for it, otherwise hold fast until the doctor says go.
Unread 07-06-2014, 07:46 PM

I think no embarrassing parts there I would be so happy to feel that way instead of the opposite. I am only week 3 and had a huge surge day 2 and has slowly subsided to a steady bareable level although I Gave in on 6 day mark to try release myself ended up succeeding but in a lot of pain lol so try hold off remember what we tell teenagers!!! Haha resist the urge till the time is right. Just think about how much you will enjoy it when the time comes hehe sorry couldn't help myself
Unread 07-06-2014, 08:46 PM

I was having that at 2 weeks post op. And I woke up to erotic dreams and actually had a few orgasms and it felt good but I did notice I had mild pain after. I just had my six week post op and I am still frisky so I hope that stays. Of course I have always had a high high did I say high sex drive!
My advice is if you feel aroused there is nothing wrong with trying to get relief as long as nothing goes in vagina.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register