TLH RAW skin in vagina lips....OUCH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

RAW skin in vagina lips....OUCH RAW skin in vagina lips....OUCH

Unread 07-21-2011, 09:45 AM
RAW skin in vagina lips....OUCH

Good morning sisters, I'm so fustrated this morning I woke up after many visits to the restroom. This time I decided to grab a mirror and look (sorry if so graphic). My inside of my vagina lips are so red I could see raw skin. By the way on on Ibuprofen and vicodin and CIPRO for UTI. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

I have called the surgeons office and he's not on schedule my PCP isn't either so they left a message for the gynecology department to see if they can see me. How fustrating is this? I don't want to go back to the ER I waited almost three hours in the lobby to see a doctor and another hour for the doc to come into the room. They were so inconsiderate that I had just got out of surgery maybe a few hours earlier and I was still asked to have a seat in the lobby w/pain =-(.

Any suggestions please all are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Re: RAW skin in vagina lips....OUCH

I had this happen, too. I think going to the bathroom so frequently ended up with me irritating that sensitive skin by wiping so much.

I started "patting" myself dry instead of wiping, using a warm wash cloth occasionally to clean that area. I also switched to using a brand of wet wipe (unscented, sensitive formula) instead of dry toilet paper.

I also went without underwear when possible (just wore my nightgown around the house) to let everything just "air out".

I hear you on not wanting to go to the ER. Is there an urgent care walk in place you can go?
Unread 07-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Re: RAW skin in vagina lips....OUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoozy View Post
I had this happen, too. I think going to the bathroom so frequently ended up with me irritating that sensitive skin by wiping so much.

I started "patting" myself dry instead of wiping, using a warm wash cloth occasionally to clean that area. I also switched to using a brand of wet wipe (unscented, sensitive formula) instead of dry toilet paper.

I also went without underwear when possible (just wore my nightgown around the house) to let everything just "air out".

I hear you on not wanting to go to the ER. Is there an urgent care walk in place you can go?
Hello,

Thank you for all the great suggestions. So went to see my DR and that raw flesh I saw was actually just that. He apologized and said that was caused by a Uterine Manipulator used and it nicked me (ouch) he perscribed Premarin an estrogen cream and also said to sit in a soapy bathtub to soothe the area ( I thought this was odd). It's been a week the skin doesn't look as raw any more but still bothersome.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register