Thought I was having an LSH... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thought I was having an LSH... Thought I was having an LSH...

Unread 07-22-2005, 06:06 AM
Thought I was having an LSH...

but I ended up having a SAH with removal of ovaries as well. I wasn't prepared for this mentally, even though DR said there was a 30 percent chance it could go this way. I have so much reading to do on here about HRT and what life is like after with no ovaries. I feel disappointed, even though I know it was for my own good. DR said there were too many adhesions and I was loaded with endo to really save the ovaries. Even if she did save them, I would probably have to have further surgery down the road. She did keep my cervix which is what I wanted. Cervix is very healthy. Has anyone every gone in thinking it would be one way only to come out with plan B in action? I guess I need to have more acceptance on myself.

~Sea Lover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2005, 06:16 AM

HI! Sorry you had to go through this. I kept my ovaries as they were healthy, but I was expecting to have a LSH, but once in there my Dr. ended up having to do a LAVH, so I lost not only my uterus but my cervix also. The pre-op paperwork I signed had both surgeries listed though, with my permission if an emergency arised to do a TAH....glad that didn't happen.

Take care and take a easy...Teresa

****Glad your home and recovering though!
Unread 07-22-2005, 06:40 AM

Sea Lover,
I know how you feel - betrayed - it's like you get yourself set for one thing and wake up and find out everything has changed. I'm sure your doctor realized once he saw all the endo that removing your ovaries was in your best interest - now you won't have the ovaries making more endo in the future. Also by doing a SAH he could see and clean all the endo out of you.
I woke up from surgery and my doctor had taken one of my ovaries and I didn't even know I had endo or adeno - I was really mad at first - he had promised me he wouldn't take my ovaries. Now 3 weeks later and I have read the pathology report - I realize that he needed to take it. Now I also realize that the 25 years I have had 'stomach' problems - could have been from endo - but the doctor did a vaginal hyst. so I don't know how extensive it was.
Take care of yourself and drink lots of water and rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2005, 08:54 AM

Hi SeaLover, I'm sorry for your disappointment. I would feel kinda cheated too. I'm hoping that after you get over the initial shock that you will feel relieved that your dr took care of everything during 1 surgery instead of possibly 2. Everything I read about endo seems to say that it is a hard pest to get rid of. Do you know if you dr has pictures or the lab report that they could share to help you see the extent of your endo? I saw the pictures of my uterus crushing my bowels and back and was more than ready for them to get that sucker outta there. It really helped me to understand where my pain was coming from.

I'm sending you (((( hugs))) and wishing you the best for your recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register