complex atypical hyperplasia - confused! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

complex atypical hyperplasia - confused! complex atypical hyperplasia - confused!

Unread 04-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Re: complex atypical hyperplasia - confused!

Hi. The bottom line pathology/staging is done during and after the surgery. The biopsy and d & c gives a pretty good indication, but in most cases not a complete picture until after the surgery. Breathe! Sometimes the pathology report after surgery is better than expected too! Let's hope! My end result was the same as my d & c. In some instances they can tell you right away, but ofttimes it can take one to two weeks to get the pathology report. Regardless, it will now be out of your body and then the healing can begin, without or with treatment depending on your case.

Sending you good vibes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2011, 08:37 PM

Tomorrow morning at the butt crack of pre-dawn, we leave for Chicago to see the gyn/onco. I'm not looking forward to the just under 4 hour drive! I sure hope we can schedule surgery tomorrow and I would LOVE to have surgery on Wednesday. LOL Guess that's hoping for too much. I'm so freaked out and stressed and worried...and scared. But, I'm done with this mess and I just want it OVER!

So...send good thoughts my way...and to my gyn/onco....and pray he has an opening for Wednesday!
Unread 04-18-2011, 04:32 PM

Ugh not happy! UGH!!

My pathology slides never made it to the oncologis! A wasted LONG drive for nothing! Now, they have to find my slides and he wants ANOTHER ultrasound.

I feel stupid. I started crying and said I didn't care if I died. Which is wrong, I do! Just so darn frustrated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2011, 05:11 PM

Oh Honey. Sorry to hear of "today's" wasted journey. In comparison I only have an hour to drive to mine and going out there for no reason has happened to me more than once as well. Yes, it's so maddening! But, don't give up. As they say, tomorrow's another day. I learned to call ahead, if possible, to make sure everything is a go and in place. If not I quickly (though in a huff) make other plans!!!

I hope your next trip will go better for you!
Unread 04-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Musix,
Don't feel stupid. It isn't your fault. I know it it frustrating especially since you had to drive 4 hours.

Keeping you in my prayers!
Unread 04-18-2011, 05:56 PM

Hi and (((musicfox,)))
I am sorry to learn you traveled so far to no avail; regrettably these things sometimes happen and it is sound advice to call ahead. Never feel stupid as of course this was not your fault and I would have cried and screamed in a similar situation-hey built up tensions need to be released somehow.
I am sending positive thoughts to you and hope you and your gyn/onc have great rapport and IF needed s/he can arrange surgery ASAP. As another mentioned sometimes in younger women they may want to talk with your about possible other options. Going into medical menopause is far from a piece of cake, etc. and sometimes, for example, they may suggest using treatments to get rid of the pre-cancerous cells and then closely monitor your situation.
It looks like you will have someone with you during your visit as you said "we;" this is always good as it is so easy to miss including misinterprete things a doctor says when going over pre-cancer/cancer issues. I know sometimes I've focused on what I wanted to hear and "forgot" what I did not like,etc.
I hope your appointment is rescheduled soonest so you can consider possible options and get things rolling to beat to pulp any nasty precancer cells. Pls keep us posted and try to in there.
s
Unread 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Basal-cell hyperplasia in my cervix was found but I still don't know what that is, does anyone.

I had hyperplasia for my uterus and that is when I had both removed just in case. I kept my ovaries.

I just yesterday had basal cell removed from my nose so is that the same?

Anyone know, my doc didn't say.
Unread 04-20-2011, 12:28 PM

Whew! The slides were found and delivered to my gyno/onco on the 19th - one day AFTER my first consult with him. That subject still makes me grouse but the important thing is...he has the slides to review the pathology or cytology...whatever it's called. Hopefully, he will call in the next few days. Did another ultrasound this morning and it was the most relaxing vaginal ultrasound ever! LOL I know that sound weird, but the tech was great and she herself had cervical cancer! So as we were looking at my lady parts...we were having a dicussion on what her treatment was and etc. Anyhoo, I sure hope the gyno/onco calls before the week is done. I'm anxious to know SOMETHING!
Unread 04-23-2011, 07:14 PM

Muskifox, I, too had wicked periods my whole life. Last few months the birth control pills just no longer controlled them. I had a breakthrough bleed 12/15/10 that never stopped. I asked my ob/gyn for a hysterectomy or ablation. The biopsy came back complex hyperplasia with atypia. the SIS showed a giant poylp. The D&C biopsy was negative and I had my hysterectomy April 7th. I'm going back to work this Tuesday.

I chose to remove the ovaries & tubes as if the uterine biopsy was psoitive I had no desire to have additional surgery. Thank God, it was negative, but I am happy with my decision. I am 48 and I have no kids. I did raise my Goddaughter since she was 7, but the opportunity to have a baby didn't happen and I'm fine with that. It is what it is and I'm very happy I pushed for the doctors to look further and not chalk the bleed up to hormones. This time is just seemed "different".

Keep us posted, we are all here for you. The site and the sisters are terrific!

Love & hugs from NJ,
Unread 04-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Musikfox, the waiting often is the hardest part so hope you get that call soon. Glad you had good rapport with the tech. Pls keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register