stressed! scared to death! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stressed! scared to death! stressed! scared to death!

Unread 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM
stressed! scared to death!

I had an ovary removed in August. I woke up from the surgery and was LITERALLY, INSTANTLY having menopause symptoms. For 6 weeks, I have been a monster - crying one minutes, flying hot the next....I'm so ashamed of myself but when I say this I mean it to the core, I have absolutely NO control! I thankfully have a very supportive husband, who is the love of my life, but I'm concerned with how I've treated him lately, not to mention my 15 yo stepson and our 4 yo daughter. This is just crazy. I'm sure I'm experiencing at least alittle of menopause, if not all. My worry is, that in 5 days, I will be having the remaining ovary and my uterus removed....and how in the world is this going to affect me?! Am I going through the worst now? Or has the worst yet to show it's ugly face? I can't imagine how this is going to be. I know the pain, bleeding, etc. will be gone FOREVER...and while that is a wonderful thought, will I regret this in the end? I pretty much have no choice but I'm so scared. Terrified. I'm scared for mine and my husband's relationship, sex life, marriage - and for my attitude toward my children. I'm 27 and I'm so scared life will never be the same, mentally and physically. And 27 is just too young for life to change so dramatically for the worst. Please help. Please, I'm so out of my mind afraid! I just want to run away to avoid having this done ...but I know the cancer scares and bleeding/pain will be gone. I'm just running out of time and I feel like I'm soaking up what I can with my family before life as we know it ends next week. I appreciate prayers and any and all advice/tips to prepare myself! This site is amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Re: stressed! scared to death!

Sit your family down and have a meeting with them. If the kids are old enough to understand, explain to them what may happen with you, how you may act, and apologize a head of time for anything you "may" do in the near future. Also give them some sort of a code word to kind of "shock" you out of acting out. When you start to go ballistic they can say something silly like "Jelly Beans Mom..Jelly Beans" and they at least have a way to communicate that you may be acting a bit extreme while possibly breaking the emotional rampage by maybe making you smile. *chuckles*.

Also remember you can ask for meds to help with the menopause. I am not there yet, but I was put in medical menopause a few times and yeah...it sucks. I had to sort of...teach myself to turn around and walk away when I start to get out of control. It's tough, but you can do it! Hang in there mom! and Prepare, Prepare, Prepare!
Unread 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM

I had the same worried as you. I am 33 and thought how I am going to handle menopause? My surgery was 11 days ago and I haven't had one single symptom yet. Everything will work out and you can go on meds. I know I will when the time comes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2012, 07:47 PM

Y'all are so sweet. I love the whole family meeting idea. And the code word. I'm trying to stop myself and walk away, and sometimes it does work. Ill have to practice that some more and Mindy, I'm so glad to hear that! Prayers to both of you in your current and future recoveries. The meds sound great, then you read horror stories, but I'm definitely going to try it no matter what. I've got to have some relief...soon! Thank you both...it's good to speak with someone understanding!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register