Feeling anxious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling anxious Feeling anxious

Unread 04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Feeling anxious

I'm going into my 5th week post TAH & appenectomy. My recovery stared a bit rough the first week (fever,vomiting, large hematoma internally). I feel like for every step forward I take a step or 2 back either physically or emotionally. Is this to be expected? I'm sure it doesn't help all of a sudden my spouse has come to a halt on the help around the house. Although my kids have been great helpers. I'm supposed to go back to work next week & I certainly don't feel ready. My job is very physical at times & I rarely get to sit the 10hrs. that I'm there. I see my doc this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Feeling anxious

Your doctor might not release you to go back to work so soon. Your hematoma adds additional time to your recovery. Usually a hematoma has to be resolved in order for you to resume your regular activity. Hopefully your doctor will extend your recovery time. They told me my hematoma could take up to 8months to resolve. I guess it depends how big it is and where its located. I'll keep you in my prayers. Let us know how things go.
Unread 04-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Feeling anxious

I am entering my fifth week post op, and I'm still struggling a bit too. My problem is that I had some "minor" internal bleeding post op that required a blood transfusion. Vomiting is the suspected stressor, for I, too, vomited for the first few hours post op. My dr opted not to go back in because by 24 hours post op it was obvious the bleeding had stopped: My vital signs stabilized and my hemacrit level steadily increased. But I have coagulated blood in my lower abdomen that may take up to 6 months to reabsorb. So the normal "swelly belly" is exacerbated for me. Any additional swelling creates even more abdominal pressure. This, along with some back pain, is my main complaint. I'm very lucky in that my mother stayed with us for the first 3.5 week of my recovery. I didn't have to do anything! She's left now and my dh is doing an okay job at keeping the kitchen clean, but everything else is a mess. This drives me crazy but I'm managing to supress the urge to clean. I do okay most days, but some days I'm brought to tears just hoping and praying that I'll get my life back. I want to walk my dogs, I want to play with my daughter, I want to wear something other than sweats and a T-shirt! All this seems a long, long way off for me (big sigh).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Feeling anxious

I am sorry for all the trouble you have been through. Ask your doc for some extra time off. I had a hematoma and infection a week after surgery and spent 5 days in the hospital on IV antibiotics. Now, 3 weeks, post surgery, I still don't feel that I am to the point I was 5 days after surgery. Keep trying and don't get down on yourself, your body needs a chance to heal.
Unread 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Feeling anxious

I too am trying to ignore messes. I've learned to close bedroom doors as I pass them and not look at floors to closely. My vomiting had occured because they felt that my hematoma had been applying pressure to my intestine & partially occluding it. I am very thankful I didn't have to go back in & my heart goes out to you. I hear ya on the sweats & t-shirts!!! On Easter I tried on some "normal clothes" and was so excited they fit, at that moment(I think I willed it). By the end of brunch all I could think about is my commfy pj pants, I was wishing I had shoved them in my purse or something!
Unread 04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Feeling anxious

Thanks for sharing your story. I love reading about how well everyone is doing, but sometimes it does make me feel a little left out (and I certainly don't want to rain on anyone else's parade). I hope you start to feel better soon!! P.S. I found a "grabber" at the local toy store. It allows me to pick up little things off the floor without bending over. You may want to get one!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register