An endo ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-17-2005, 05:40 PM
An endo ?

I am having a hysterectomy for endo. I have a lot of pain but not much bleeding. I have been on birth control pills to help control this for the past 16 years and have had two laparoscopies. I have pain and severe bladder frequency and incontinence.

I am just wondering if there are others who have had the pain without the bleeding? I guess what I am doing is second guessing my decision to have surgery. Should I wait until I have more irregular periods or is it possible to just have pain without the bleeding?

I know I am rambling and I hope someone out there understands what I am trying to say.

Surgery 02/22/05 for LAVH with possible ovaries removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 06:24 PM
An endo ?

Hi!

I believe you are asking about heavy periods? I have endo and the pain is awful. I also spend the two days before my period nauseus and vomiting.

The first two days of my period are very, very heavy, but if not for the pain, that would not be enough for the hysterectomy.

I was unsure if I had made the right decision to have the surgery as well. Then my surgery got pushed back two weeks and I thought I was going to die! Every pain really made me realize that if I want to have a "good" quality of life, I needed to have this done.

I hope you find some peace with your decision, I have with mine.

Take care!
Unread 01-17-2005, 07:00 PM
right thing or not

Hello I just want to let you know that I am in the same boat as you. I am having my Total abdominal hysterectomy with the removal of the ovaries. And I find myself second guessing my decision also. My problem was that I have had severe pain for 4 or 5 days of every month with the exception of 1 or 2 months of being pain free. I haven't had a period since 1999 due to ablation because of heavy bleeding. Since the ablation I haven't had a period, but every month for 5 days I experience lower right side pain that took me to the hospital at least a dozen times. But my problem is that I feel this is so drastic for a pain that I get only 5 days out of a month. I have no pain during sex, no bleeding, no cramps just the pain I mentioned before. I do have fibroids, enlarged uterus, endo. My doctor says I shouldn't live in 1 day of pain a month let alone 5. So after careful consideration and 10 years of putting this off, plus 2 opionions I am all set for This Thrusday Jan 20, I am very nervous. But at the same time wondering if I am making the right decision. You are not the only one. Grace

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register