Do I really have to do this? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do I really have to do this? Do I really have to do this?

Unread 09-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Do I really have to do this?

Summery, my surgery is on the same day as yours and I know just how you are feeling right now. I haven't been in too much pain the past week, but all of a sudden my left ovary is in agony. I guess it's reminding me why I'm doing this. I'm having a TAH/BSO. I'm only 32 and I'm terrified. If I could stay on some kind of sedative between now and Friday, I'd probably be a much happier camper. I don't deal with stress well and have been having anxiety attacks daily. I've finally given up on working this week. I had to leave early yesterday and I'm only scheduled for Tuesday this week, so I've told them I'm done until after surgery and recovery. This will give me the next few days to just relax and get things ready at home. Laundry etc. All the stuff that I've been procrastinating about getting done.

Good luck with everything. I'll be thinking of you on the big day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 05:38 PM

Christy,

I couldn't help but laugh out loud reading your post! I'm not being insensitive, trust me........my DH asked me what was funny and I read your post to him. He said, "sounds like you!"

I have been a wreck since I made my appointment. I feel like I'd be good if I could just stay sedated for the next 4 weeks! Like you, I'm a pretty anxious person anyway, and this has just intensified it. I can't concentrate on much (other than this site) and find myself having nightmares and heart palpatations from time to time.

My doc prescribed an anti anxiety med to get me through, as I have a past history of panic attacks, but I can't take it during the day, makes me too tired.

I'm going to need something strong to get me through the hospital door, I'm not kidding!!

Good luck to you, hope you have a good week. Breathe, it will be ok. We have each other! I wish mine was sooner, I think the wait is really KILLING me!

Take Care, Try to Relax!

Christine
Unread 09-30-2007, 08:10 PM

Christine, I'm just so glad I found this board, it is probably the only thing that has kept me sane. It's so good to know that there are others that are going through this with me and understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks to all of you for answering my questions and being there for me. I look forward to my recovering and being on the other side and also being able to give encouragement to the other ladies in waiting out there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register