approved at last | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

approved at last approved at last

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:05 PM
approved at last

Hi everyone,

I was having a hard time getting approval from my insurance co. for TAH on 4/9. Received a letter last Friday saying they were suspending decision until they received TAH Criteria Sheet and medical notes from the drs. Tried calling drs. offices on Friday only to find that they were closed for the weekend. The man I talked with at insurance co. knew less than I did. I then tried to reach the reviewer (letter said to call drs. and insurance first then reviewer if I had ???s). She was also gone for the weekend.

First thing Monday I called primary doc and was told to call gyn that will be doing surgery. The gyn said to call his billing company as they handle everything with insurance. Billing told me that everything had been faxed Friday but had not heard anything. at billing also told me she calls insurance twice a day until she gets answers (bless her soul!!!). She said that if she heard anything she would let me know. Also recommended that I call twice a day until I got answer. I called insurance first thing this morning and found out that I had approval for surgery. When I got home from work, also had message from reviewer on my answering machine that I had been approved. I guess bugging them to death will result in answers.

Going for pre-op visit tomorrow. Have my list of questions ready and my bag packed for the trip to the castle. Thanks for all the support.

Judy,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:54 PM
Congrats! :celebrate

I was very lucky. Had no problems getting approval for surg. Date is same as yours. I am starting to get nervous. Can't imagine having to deal with Insurance Co too!!!!

Wish you well! Hope to see you on the 'other side'.

Unread 04-02-2002, 07:11 PM
approved at last

Hi Judy,

My have you been a busy girl. Way to go!!! Persistance and kindness pay off. I am one of those people who get to call insurance companies all of the time to try to get approval for payments. They say I have a sweet voice ( childlike for one so old) but I am also persistent. Congratulations on getting your confirmation. My only problem was a silly one--they made me sign a release and wait 30 days-just in case I wanted to have another child-at 54 I don't think so.

Been a rough day for me. I posted earlier and need to read my responses but I decided to read other posts to help take my mind off my problems.

Keep in touch. We will soon be es. s and ers coming your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register