over and done-- piece of cake! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

over and done-- piece of cake! over and done-- piece of cake!

Unread 07-16-2001, 08:01 AM
over and done-- piece of cake!

Thought I would share my experience with you all. It has been all positive. I had TAH/BSO on Wednesday July 11. The only time I had alot of pain was when I woke up in the recovery room and they treated it right away. I had PCA with Morphine post- op with great pain control. Was able to walk the length of the hall Wednesday night. Cathetar came out Thursday morning and was able to start with liquids. Very time I had to get out of bed to go to the bathroom I made myself walk the length of the hall. Thursday afternoon my IV was pulled and I started on pain pills. Friday I had about 4 hours of gas pains but with the help of a suppository things started to move through and then I was started of MOM so I wouldn't get constipated. Went home Saturday morning. Again very time I have to go to the bathroom I make myself go outside and walk the length of the block. I no longer am taking narcotics for pain control, Ibuprofen and Tylenol are controlling the pain. When I was in the hospital I gave my husband a card thanking him for his support and being my rock and included the list of how to pamper the princess that was in the hystersisters book. He reads and comprehends well! I have no symptoms of menopause either. I was started on hormone therapy in the recovery room as well and then was put on Estertest on Thursday when I stared iquids. I feel like a new person. Good Luck to the rest of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2001, 08:59 AM

Congradulations ! Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so happy it went well for you. Just don't get over confident and try to overdo things! Remember the Princess Creed: some more!
I love your appreciation card for dh! They go through these things right along with us (absent the pain and stuff, but more frustration since they can't "do" anything to fix it!). You're lucky to have one that comprehends well.
Take care and update us when you can. Your crown looks maaaahvelus!
Warmly, Pammy
Unread 07-16-2001, 09:20 AM

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

Each time a read a "success" story like yours it helps me to know that I've made the right decision.

Remember to so your continue on your wonderful road to recovery.

:Hug:s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2001, 11:32 AM

Thanks for sharing!

It's reassuring to read something like that. I'm going on Friday the 20th for a TAH.
Unread 07-16-2001, 03:24 PM
Thank You

Thanks so much for sharing...It helps us Ladies in waiting BIGTIME..With every story I read..I feel a I grow a little wiser and braver!
Take care!
Unread 07-16-2001, 07:40 PM

Welcome Home North Dakota. I'm so happy that your castle experience was such a positive one. Congratulations. Always reading about positive experiences.

Now that you're home, keep on with what you've been doing: get plenty of , for recovery, not exercise and plenty of water and juice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register