Anyone at 3 weeks? (radical hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone at 3 weeks? (radical hysterectomy) Anyone at 3 weeks? (radical hysterectomy)

Unread 06-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Anyone at 3 weeks? (radical hysterectomy)

Help! I am just about at three weeks and climbing the walls. Still having pain and swelling. Just had my bladder tube removed a few days ago. The surgery happened so fast I have not had time to get any advise on post op. How are you all doing????
Cheers,
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 12:05 PM

Will be at the 3 week point on Wednesday the16th....so far so good. Only take pain meds occaisionally, none yesterday. Biggest problems right now are this itchy incision and trying to remember that although I feel like I can do anything I want to....that I'm still recovering.
Had a TAH, BSO and abdominal hernia repair on May 26....soccer ball sized benign mass on right ovary.
Hang in there...it gets better!!!

CGB
Unread 06-13-2004, 02:07 PM

I am three weeks too and I am starting to climb walls...wish I could do more but want to heal up so I can return to work at five weeks.I have not taken pain meds other than Motrin for about two weeks. yesterday I lifted a 12 pack of Corona LIGHTS and today I feel it. I have a date on Tuesday...just dinner out does anyone know if it would be Okay to wear wedge type "heels"? I have gotten very limited Post op advice from Dr. will take any that I can get. Also I am supposed to go to a Aerosmith concert on Wendsday night...I knda think I should not...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 07:08 PM

I'm 3 weeks out and doing well. with the exception of the first few days back in the hospital for a bowel obstruction, I haven't been on -any- pain meds. I think this makes it harder for me to accept that I'm still healing. I have to constantly remind myself and evaluate myself before I do anything.

The only pill I'm taking now is the one that keeps me from running to the bathroom too much (They had to do extensive work on my bladder). I'm a bit swollen...no itching, but my belly just feels odd inside. My center of gravity seems to be off and it makes my back ache at times.

I'm so eager to get back to doing things. :P
Unread 06-13-2004, 07:20 PM

Hi had my TAH BSO 5/19 took everything..feeling fine but like the rest of you the hard part is reminding myself to take it slow, this afternoon I took a nap my little boy came in and said mom..without thinking I just turned my upper body to look at him owwww..forgot I have to still do the full body roll thing but was quickly reminded.
{{wede10}} I would try walking in the shoes a little and then decide..if you will be comfortable in them for the evening. I have worn 3" heels without a problem.
Unread 06-13-2004, 07:35 PM

3 weeks here. Doing good, just get really tired, still when I over do it.... Can't wait to workout again, and do some "things" again that are not allowed.... lol Hope you are all well.....
Unread 06-14-2004, 12:49 PM

Mzsy 24, so three weeks. I am feeling pretty good. Putting cloths in washer but my husband puts them in the dryer. Some some light vacuuming. We have gone out to eat with friends the last two weekends and attended church on Sunday. On Monday, I am usually tired and take that day to rest.
Unread 06-14-2004, 03:39 PM

Hi Ladies, Wow you all seem to be doing really well and at 36 years old and a fitness queen Im thought I would be doing better. Went to the Doc today and things are healing well, but do any of you experience tightening or heaviness of the incision area when you walk or stand too long? They suggested a tight waist bandage? And is your pain if any increased at night?
Cheers
Tina
TAH-cervical cancer 5/25
Unread 06-14-2004, 03:59 PM

Horizontal or vertical princess seam? I've had both. Only had odd sensation with the vertixal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register