Five weeks post op sisters, how are you? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Five weeks post op sisters, how are you? Five weeks post op sisters, how are you?

Unread 07-03-2005, 05:09 PM
pain at five weeks

Hi fellow 5 weekers,

It will be 6 weeks next Wednesday, July 6. I must have overdone it yesterday, because I am having a fair amount of pain today. I do think it's odd though that I didn't have the pain until the day after I semi-mopped the floor (very carefully), and did some very light vacuuming (with a little stick vac on hard floors). That must be what did it though. It feels like a very painful ovary, so I wonder if that's what it is, or if it's just internal stitches that I stretched a little too much. Is this the kind of experience that any of you have had if you tried to do too much? At the time I was doing it, I felt ok so I assumed I was not harming anything.

Thanks for any advice!

TAH 5/25/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Five weeks post op sisters, how are you?

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. I agree - where did the time go?

I started getting bored around week 3, but then I got over it. I guess I'm glad I went back to work last week, because if I hadn't, I think I would have had a hard time going back at all.

:-)

The first day back at work was very very hard, but the next day and Friday were fine. I have to work tomorrow, but I have off Tuesday to make up for it.

My belly was swelling pretty consistently, especially my first day back at work, but now it's fine, too. Maybe I'm one of those weirdos who needs the exercise.
Unread 07-04-2005, 09:16 PM

HI,

I had 5 weeks on the 1st of July. I feel pretty good.. not back to normal yet.. but I am back at the gym doing weights.. did leggs the 1st time the other day.. and I'm riding my mountain bike.. and doing some hills that I didnt even do b4 the surgery! I did 1 hr of straight hills yesterday! I was pooped but came home and washed and waxed my full size truck after that. I went out today again for 2 bike rides, My friends say I am abnormal.. this is my 5th surgery in the past 2.5 yrs.. or is it my 6th.. I dunno.. cant keep track.. but all I know is I am too young to let any of this slow me down. I'll be 42 in a couple weeks and the biggest complaint is I am not in as good a shape as I was b4 this last surgery besides all the working out I am doing. I totally get the swelly belly and hate it! I cant find anything to help it.. but squishing it all in a Victoria Secrets girdle type thingy. haha I too work 2nd shift Rhode.. I get home about 1130. I too took the full 8 weeks due to State Disab. Even tho I am physically active I know my brain is still not all there. I am usually very sharp and on top of things.. and its just not all back yet.. so taking it easy. I didnt have any symptoms b4 the hyst except for the swelly belly so this is not much of an improvement in my life.. but the Doc says he took out a lot of very large tumors. The largest being 8x7x6cm. I'm working on being back in top shape by the 8 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2005, 09:22 PM

Interesting.. I just noticed that it says I had my Hyst on May 26th.. so I ck'd my profile.. yup.. I had it on the 27th! I thought I was losing it! I wonder why it is off by a day. I put it in right.. somehow it got lost in the translation.
Unread 07-04-2005, 11:24 PM

Hi all,
I had my surgery May 23, 2005 so im 6 weeks today. I went back to work Saturday, a 12.5 hour shift. It was very hard to be on my feet that long. I tried to sit down every hour or so for just a couple min. I wore my abdominal binder and I felt it get tighter as the time passed. I was so thankful to get home and take it off and put on my comfy nightgown. My doctor wanted me off work for another 2 weeks at least but I couldnt afford to be off any longer and with the problems ive had with my work I felt i should at least try to go back. I did it and Im proud of myself for making it. I do feel a lot better than before surgery, no more period and cramps every day. I have layed around all day today but don't feel too bad, just tired. I get occasional left sided pain, almost like the pain I had from my left ovary, I wonder if you can have phantom ovary pain like people do when they lose a leg or arm???? It would make sense to have that kind of pain, i'll ask my doctor when I see him next, if any of you know anything about this let me know.
Im glad we are all doing fairly well, its been a long road. I hope everyone continues to do well and have a painfree life.
Julia
Unread 07-05-2005, 09:37 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm also five weeks, almost 6. I'm wondering where the time went also.

I'm probably going back to work on the 18th. See the dr. next week and am assuming he will release me then, he wouldn't even discuss going back to work the last time I saw him. But hey I'm not complaining..lol.

I did a no-no yesterday. Took my 3 year old niece to watch the 4th of July parade and then down to the park for games and face painting. Then ran into a friend and walked through the whole thing all over again. Before I knew it I had been there for a little over 4 hours constantly standing and walking and a couple times having to pick up my niece. Sat and Sun were extremely busy also.

Hoping to get some rest today but already been on the phone all morning between the insurance co and my dr. (ugh!!) I have an appointment with the gyn/onc today, which I'm nervous about already then they call saying they need a referral....it's been a long morning and I still need to shower....oh well sorry for the venting....

I also started last week getting hot flashes. And my moods have been crazy, fine one minute and crying the next. But you know what I can deal with this knowing that I won't have any more periods and pain. Feel like the whole world has just opened up to me now - no more cancelled plans or not visiting friends or family worried that I will ruin their furniture. Although I guess it will take a while for me to stop looking behind me everytime I stand up..lol.

You guys are wonderful and I'm glad everyone is doing better. Thanks for listening!!
Bobie
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:07 AM

Hi...I'm five weeks on 7/6. I had TAH on 6/1. I had a slight set back after surgery and ended up in the ICU for a day. My kidneys didn't work after surgery. They started working the day after surgery and then everything went as expected. I'm back to work today and feeling great! No pain anymore. Take care...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register