Does Anyone Else have this problem please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does Anyone Else have this problem please Does Anyone Else have this problem please

Unread 01-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Does Anyone Else have this problem please

Hi girls, First I would like to say I could not of made it if it were not for this site. I refer to it so much to get support and see if any of you feel like I do. My question is this....I am 5 wks into this... For the most part I feel ok just tired a lot and belly still sore but I went to a program at my daughters school last night the benches were hard and the program was long. I thought I was going to die. I could not get comfortable and my bottom was in PAIN. I guess people thought I was crazy I could not sit still. It even hurt after I got home and laid down. So I guess that told me I definitally can not sit yet for long periods of time. I am a sub teacher and was thinking about going back to work soon but if I cant sit for long periods of time guess I better rethink that one huh? Also have trouble sleeping husband got up at 3 am to go to work and there I was still bright eyed and bushy tailed. Boy am I all messed up. THanks again girls for all the support. Cantbeperfect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2006, 10:49 AM

Your 'bottom' was in pain? I haven't felt any pain sitting except in my incision sites. Do you have hemorrhoids? Maybe that can cause your pain? Sorry I am not much help.
Unread 01-13-2006, 10:56 AM

I understand the sleeplessness, I'm 7 wks out and still wrestling with it. The soreness from sitting is normal, did you have any rectocele repair, that could definetly be part of it. Several lessons learned, don't set on hard bleachers, and maybe wait the full 8 weeks before going back to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2006, 10:58 AM

I definately had bottom pain. My Dr said thats where all the nerve endings are. I did have endo in my rectum area that caused pre surgery bottom pain and after surgery one of my biggest problems was pain when sitting, especially long periods of time. It is getting better and I am 8 1/2 weeks. Hope that helps.
Unread 01-13-2006, 11:48 AM

I am 8 weeks post-op & I still am very uncomfortable sitting straight up. I can't even imagine sitting on bleachers!!

It will get better - that's what I keep telling myself!

Hugs!
Unread 01-13-2006, 12:34 PM

I get the sore bottom to. And Driving still hurts...I get wore out trying to sit up and look out the window..Guess it will be awhile before i take a long trip lolo.......
Unread 01-13-2006, 02:41 PM

Bleachers, Ouch! I still get sore sitting for long periods. I had a family get together last weekend and was propping my feet up alot. Your not alone. Patty
Unread 01-13-2006, 02:56 PM

I, too, had surgery on the 5th of Dec.!

I know what you are talking about. My rectal area hurts, mainly the small area between the vagina and rectum. It mainly feels like all the insides are pushing their way out when I sit upright too long. I get to see my surgeon on Tuesday. I am so excited to ask some questions that I thought were too frivilous to call the office about. Especially about when I can take a bath! I have a brand new jacuzzi tub in my bathroom that I haven't got to use yet.

You might try using a warm compress or a cold compress on your sore area. I found that the hot/cold gel packs that you can buy at most retail stores work great. I heat it up in the microwave and it stays warm for a few hours.
Unread 01-13-2006, 03:26 PM

I'm three months out and if I sit on a hard surface or drive for too long I get bottom "discomfort". One way I have found is to shift my position a little. I don't know how to say it except when I notice I'm hurting, both holes are pointing down at a straight angle to the sitting surface. (Sorry - TMI) If I shift a little bit by scooting forward ever so slightly, it stops hurting. Hope this helps. If you need to go to another program, maybe taking a cushion would help.
Unread 01-13-2006, 03:33 PM

I'm another Dec 5th person too....and I notice if I sit in a hard chair for long then my tailbone causes me severe pain. I also have back pain if I'm standing or walking for long. I was supposed to go back to work next tuesday but I'll be staying out two weeks longer. I cant imagine trying to sit and stand at work for 8 hours when I cant do that anywhere else for more than 2 hours.

Add in the insomnia and I'm having all kinds of trouble....LOL. Sorry I couldnt be more help but just wanted to let you know you arent alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register