Scheduled TVH Exercise junkie - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Exercise junkie Exercise junkie

Unread 12-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Re: Exercise junkie

I lost 65 pounds in 2002. I have kept it off ever since. I'm finally learning to accept that these 4 weeks of rest and recovery do not make me lazy. I'm always so hard on myself so I believe this might be a life lesson learned to take it easy.
I am going to walk at first. at week 5 if my body can handle it, I want to start yoga again and maybe rebuild my body slowly.
I heard that when women get older their uterus can fall. Well, that's got me really excited to not have that problem to worry about!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2010, 04:20 PM

LOL! I agree about never having to worry about what my uterus might do/not do, since I also don't have one. It will be interesting to learn about what my new body will behave like. Right now, I feel great.

100 Moons
Unread 12-09-2010, 04:31 PM

Congratulations, princess! I am so counting the days. I'm spending my last couple of days with Flo. She seems to be a little nicer now after our talk apparently she wants to leave on good terms. Lol. She probably thinks she has a chance of me changing my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2010, 02:32 AM

i am an active person as well and was training hard up to the day before surgery, 2 weeks post op, surgery was a difficult one, so trying to take it easy but so tough, was in lock down by family for first week lol, have been walking but find u tire quickly, doc said i can to a stationary bike and swim starting 3 weeks post op, really looking forward to that, he understands how active i am.
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:43 AM

I've been running to lose weight and help with stress and that was one of my first questions once I found out I was going to have to have surgery..."Am I going to be able to continue to run?" My doc assured me that while I would have to rely on power walking for a while, eventually I would be able to run again. Otherwise, I might go crazy!!!
Unread 12-18-2010, 12:07 PM

I'am a princess 9 days post-op. I had Davinci Robotic Laproscopic Assisted Hysto. Everything but one ovary removed.
On day 4 post-op, I walked 1/2 mile, on the day 5, I walked 1 mile. I saw my doctor on day 6 and he said I could do a "lite" workout. Walk or ellipital or cycle as long as I feel comfortable and lift no more than 20lbs.

This morning my husband and installed a brand new blow-up Snowman for the yard and watered all the plants in my yard front and back. And this afternoon, I'am going to return to the gym for a "lite workout".

Also, I stop taking any pain meds. on day 4. I occasionally take a Tylenol PM at bedtime.

I was a hardcore workoutholic before and I'am so glad that this was not too much of a set back. I know you have to take it slow, but I'am doing far more than I thought I would be at this time.

Good Luck Ladies!!! (keep moving)
80's Lady
DLAH Dec. 8th
47yrs.
Unread 12-18-2010, 08:25 PM

80's lady, you are my hero! I have taken the last month of running off since it seemed to be causing me more pain with fibroid. Then yesterday I had to break down since my badunkadunk seems to already be expanding. I ran 3 miles yesterday. It felt SO GOOD to run! I feel I just need to get a couple more runs in before I can't run for a long time.
Do you think that speed walking on a treadmill would be beneficial or should I stick with land? I just don't know how to go that long without leaping in the air. lol.
Unread 12-18-2010, 08:46 PM

does anyone know how long before yoga might be possible?
Unread 12-18-2010, 09:50 PM

Ladies,

Actually I'am 10 days post-op (not 9) today. Counted wrong I apologize.

Just to let you ladies know. I went to the gym today. I walked 1 mile on the treadmill and it took me 20 minutes on speed level 2.8 (slow I know!), then I did 1 mile elliptical and it took me 15 minutes, so total I did a 35 minute cardio. Then with 10lb weigths I did 2 sets 25 each arm curls, 2 sets of military press and I was good, came home took a shower, went out with my husband to meet friends for drinks and dinner. Came home around 8 this evening, hubby and I are chilling with a movie and feel fine.!!!

Whatever you do, don't push yourself if your not ready. You may feel a few tugs or pulls or pressure just listen to your body and it will tell you when your doing to much.

I'am looking forward to getting back to running and weightlifting at full force.

As for Yoga, I can do a few positions including downward dog, cat/cow. Lite stuff.

Good Luck (take it easy, take it slow) You'all will do fine!!
80's Lady
DLAH
47yrs.
Unread 12-19-2010, 04:18 PM

Well, as of last Tuesday (four weeks and one day postop), I'm off all activity restrictions. Being back at the dojo is great! Want to know what I'm doing? Go to youtube and google "aikido". Awesome.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register