Scared to be feeling this great!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared to be feeling this great!! Scared to be feeling this great!!

Unread 11-21-2001, 07:16 AM
Scared to be feeling this great!!

Hello Sisters!!
I am about 9&1/2 weeks post op, and I am feeling wonderful!!! I had a TAH/RSO on Sept. 17th. The surgery was long and scary as is recovery. I have had very few problems, and now the only time I think about my surgery is if I pass a window, or a mirror becuase I still have major swelly belly going on especially since I am on my feet all day at work. I still get little pains and twinges if I over do it, but these are all normal and tolerable. I waited 7 weeks before my dh and I had "relations" and I have to tell ya, the first few times I was terrified!!! I was waiting to feel the pain at the cuff, and looking for the bleeding. (I never let him go in too far) But the other night, I completely forgot to "not" let him go in too far, and lo and behold nothing hurt!!!! And no bleeding!!! I keep thinking I can't be healing with no problems, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.
I don't want to make light of all my other sisters who are not doing so well in their recovery, but I just had to share my joy at feeling sooooo great.
Thanks for listening!!
~Rezz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2001, 08:10 AM

{{{Rezz}}} Sounds like you've been doing everything right and it's paid off with no or very few complications and set backs. Enjoy it And it is ok to rest on your laurels and I mean it litterally: keep on resting as much as you can: that swelly belly is an indication that your body is still healing
Unread 11-21-2001, 09:03 AM

Hey Rezz!
Stop waiting for the other shoe to drop, and say, "Yes! I'm doing great!" Because obviously you are! Have a great thanksgiving!!! cindy
Unread 11-21-2001, 09:45 AM

Hooray Rezz!!!
Unread 11-21-2001, 11:28 AM
WE are twins

I had my surgery the same day as yours. I have had no set backs and done just wonderful the whole time. I think it is great that you are doing so well. I know I am extremley pleased with my recovery and the outcome of my surgery. Kind of an early Christmas present to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care

Unread 11-25-2001, 09:04 AM

Rezz,

Hey, we are twins!!! Please don't fee guilty about feeling good, or sit and wait for the other shoe to drop. I too have been feeling great, I started back to work on Nov. 5th and although I sit most of the day, I was exausted the first week I was back. Fortunately I had some holidays that came right after I started so I was able to ease back into work. I'm so glad that you are feeling well. It's great to be on the other side and feeling human again, isn't it?
Unread 11-25-2001, 02:12 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I had my TAH on 10/3 and I'm doing very well, too. Went back to work three weeks ago part-time, and am starting tomorrow full-time. I'm fine except for occasional twinges and tiredness.

BUT I do have a question. ????? When will my stomach get back to normal? Right above my incision is a "lump". When will this go away? I'm afraid to exercise much because I don't want to aggravate things, but the way it looks really bothers me. Does anyone know how long this will last and if it will ever go away?

EvieR

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register